All booked in.

keen_as

It's a bit of a way off yet (mid September), but still I'm excited as a fisho in a lure shop.:woohoo:

Just booked my flights to melb, from there heading into Buckland Valley near Bright/Mt Beauty in North East Vic for a 5 day hike in hunting and fishing trip.

Hoping for a nice samber stag and a heap of trout.

Should be fun.

@ Gad, yeah mate that's for sure. I haven't been to the high country for a few years, I think the ridgeline and stoney creek gear should cut it. Will need a new down sleeping bag though.

@ Jords, I'll be using my 65lb compound bow this time.

Axis Full metal jacket arrows tipped with 125 grain Muzzy broad heads.

Need to get a multi piece travel rod now, looking for something very light, any suggestions?

Was thinking maybe a t curve travel?

post-7081-144598595429_thumb.jpg

post-7081-144598595433_thumb.jpg

post-7081-14459859544_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

That is the best month down there for the bigger brown trout.

September sees the larger spawning browns returning from the streams and although they are generally in a poorer condition they go through a 3-4 week feeding frenzy trying to condition back up.

Every week you can see the huge amount of weight these fish are piling on and the fishing is just spectacular.

Good luck,you will have a fantastic time.

Yeah for sure, I'm looking at taking 2 rods now, as the plans have changed a bit, we were doing a strait hike in trek for the few days, but it looks like we'll have a main base camp now, maybe set up a fly camp for one of the nights. So I may as well bring the fly gear down to. See how much room I've got in the pack.

Archived