Safety Gear for Brisbane River

bigtez

Welcome to the site i tried to copy the page from marine safteys website but it didnt transfer. Basicly you need an approved pfd type,1,2,0r 3, drinking water, paddles, bailing equip and if at night nav and riding lights and torch.

www.safeboating.org.au/Equipment/State_Safety_Equipment/index.asp

gives it all in an easy to read table for all states or else give bias boating a ring 38900370 they are only too happy to help. If your jackets are a few years old you will have to check with them if they are still current as the regs have changed re the markings on the jackets.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/05/29 12:54

Bigtez, I recommend you get hold of \"The Official Tide Tables & Boating Safety Guide 200x\". They're only $8.50 and have a lot more than tide info. Apart from tides they have about 100 pages of info on things like where the different types of water are, a really good section on weather, emergency info (like what to do and first aid), where ramps are, other safety issues and on and on. Even if you get an older one it will have the same info except for up to date tides.

Cheers

bigtez wrote:

WooHoo!!! I won't have to replace my flares just yet.

Mate if you have expired flares on board, they can book you, even if they are not required for where you are. So if you see them coming \"deep six\" the flares!

Feral wrote:

bigtez wrote:
WooHoo!!! I won't have to replace my flares just yet.

Mate if you have expired flares on board, they can book you, even if they are not required for where you are. So if you see them coming \"deep six\" the flares!

Thanks feral. Very good point I hadn't thought of. Do you know if they will book you if you have the old flares as well as a current set?

Archived