Attack on tagging benefits.

ellicat

Maybe we should just follow the Japanese lead then and kill them for "scientific" purposes. As one of the comments left said, "technology will make them better" pretty soon microchips will most likely be so affordable that instead of a tag they just put a chip under the skin and be done with it.

Certainly brought the wackos out of the woodwork.

I suppose that they all have the right to have an opinion.

Cheers

Ray

They sure do Ray.

I just wish they'd put up their postcodes so I know where not to retire if I want an intelligent conversation on pub night ;):lol:

not sure if these stats are real or just anecdotal. The information collected from tagging is helping us understand the animals and better manage them and their food sources. You would think a little effect (and little) would be way out weighted by the benefit to the species. small minded idiots

Fish tagging to me seems like a small short term impact to the fish with greater benefits longer term to understand their movements, growth rates etc.....

We catch em anyway so why not tag them.

I think with other animals the tags may be bigger or on some people's view could also affect the animal

With it's day to day living...

Maybe we should tag animal rights people so we can better understand there movements and habitats etc Hahahaha!

Maybe we should just follow the Japanese lead then and kill them for "scientific" purposes. As one of the comments left said, "technology will make them better" pretty soon microchips will most likely be so affordable that instead of a tag they just put a chip under the skin and be done with it.

Maybe we should just follow the Japanese lead then and kill them for "scientific" purposes x1 that idea.;)

Archived