Shame File

rayke1938

i saw six people fishing below mt crosby main wall sat three were standing in the fish ladder slaying bass on lures their catch and release method was stand on the fish to remove lure and kick back into water i saw them put a big one in a bag and thow a smallere one back strange seem to know size and take limits but cant reed signs at either end of wall no fishing 400m down stream

umm ... are there any legalaties that we should be concerned about ? :huh:

Read your regs. It is illegal to use a cast net in the fresh.The way fisheries determine the boundary is if there are no mangroves there it is fresh.

Cheers

Ray

meant about placing pics of people without consent :) ... its certainly an effective measure though ... in s'pore litterbugs who repeat offend get their 15 mins of fame on tv ...

I agree that it is illegal at Twinies. However I thought that cast nets were allowed in 'tidal waters'. So it would be allowed say at Colleges for instance, it is mostly fresh, but very tidal?

linky http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3045.htm

Interesting point werewolf. I just had a dig around trying to find a definition or interpretation of non-tidal, tidal and fresh water etc. Not easy to get a result from a relevant site.

If it comes down to PPM of salt then Colleges would vary depending on drought or flood situations.

Read your regs. It is illegal to use a cast net in the fresh.The way fisheries determine the boundary is if there are no mangroves there it is fresh.

Cheers

Ray

meant about placing pics of people without consent :) ... its certainly an effective measure though ... in s'pore litterbugs who repeat offend get their 15 mins of fame on tv ...

There'd be a lot of litigation for lost wages from people pulling sickies and going to the cricket only to lose their jobs after being spotted in the crowd on TV or the front page of the paper.

If you're doing something in a public place I believe it's not really a privacy law issue. I'm sure I've read on AFO of members being told by Qld Gov employees to take pics of offenders. (WBB etc)

Cheers

Ray

There'd be a lot of litigation for lost wages from people pulling sickies and going to the cricket only to lose their jobs after being spotted in the crowd on TV or the front page of the paper.

If you're doing something in a public place I believe it's not really a privacy law issue. I'm sure I've read on AFO of members being told by Qld Gov employees to take pics of offenders. (WBB etc)

police etc suggest if you witness illegal activities to note as much info,time, place,act being done and a good description of person/s as you can,so if they get photo`d committing an illegal activity out in public..stiff cheddar

Its section 40 or 41 of the Invasion of Privacy Act. If you are an active participant in a conversation, then you can record the conversation with or without the knowledge of the other persons in the conversation.

By stipulating active participant it weeds out the telephone tapping etc. unless you are permitted to do it via a court order or the like.

I come up against it everyday!!

Its section 40 or 41 of the Invasion of Privacy Act. If you are an active participant in a conversation, then you can record the conversation with or without the knowledge of the other persons in the conversation.

By stipulating active participant it weeds out the telephone tapping etc. unless you are permitted to do it via a court order or the like.

I come up against it everyday!!

Hy Booty, what about the taking of photos and publishing them without consent of the person in them. I know when I take photos of the kids sporting events I at the very least ask the other teams manager or coach to get approval. If I was to load it to the Web I would get the written approval of the parents before loading it. Not sure if I have to do this but just covering myself. Do you know the legalities with this. I heard it is pretty tough.

Also I reckon the shame file is an awesome thing. It is the only way we can do something. I think the shame files at shops for shop lifters works because the footage is taken within the shop and when you enter the shop you agree to the filming, As long as they have signs up saying they have them.

Hey Ted,

I have not really got anything on that as its a civil thing we dont have much to do with. There was a case about a guy photographing at the beach and it was ruled that if you are laying in public topless then you are at the mercy of the publics lenses unless they are standing beside you on your beach towel to get a better shot.

Probably comes down to the privacy test of where a person would reasonably be expected to be afforded privacy ie. Not taking pics over the neighbours fence or in through the neighbours windows.

I agree that it is illegal at Twinies. However I thought that cast nets were allowed in 'tidal waters'. So it would be allowed say at Colleges for instance, it is mostly fresh, but very tidal?

linky http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3045.htm

Interesting point werewolf. I just had a dig around trying to find a definition or interpretation of non-tidal, tidal and fresh water etc. Not easy to get a result from a relevant site.

If it comes down to PPM of salt then Colleges would vary depending on drought or flood situations.

From the mouth of a fisheries officer.

If there mangroves its tidal.

At coledges the crossing itself is the boundary Same as at Youngs.

Privacy issue? I did not post a photo of the offenders car or a close up photo but i did take them in case fisheries wanted them.

Cheers

Ray

Cheers

Ray

Privacy issue? I did not post a photo of the offenders car or a close up photo but i did take them in case fisheries wanted them.

Cheers

Ray

Cheers

Ray

would not worry about it Ray, how can there be a privacy issue when the guy is doing an illegal activity in a public place frequented by the members of the public...send the photo to rocket`s WBB reporter with the facts and see if he feels like doing a follow up to the WBB story.

cheers

Archived