where to go in brissy river.

Heinobl

Hello.

I'm very new to the fishing thing in this country, and me a mate are going out in a little tinny on saturday. What i wanna know is where in the brisbane river is a good spot to go for a set of newcomers ? we where thinking of going to kookaburra park, since that seem like a nice place for new ppl to start. Anyway any advice on place, what gear to bring, bait and just good advice would be appriciated.

We are not new to fishing, but being from the other side of the world, the fishing term we are use to are very different to here.

cheers

Heino

G'day mate.

Where have you joined us from?

My favourite places in the river:

* Kookaburra Park

* The stretch of river between Moggill Ferry and the Junction.

* Around the Gateway Bridge.

* Mouth Of Brekky Creek.

All good places to sit in a tinny.

If you go to Kooka get some live bait. If you dont cast net, get some garfish, pillies or other such bait fish from a bait shop, or for even better bait a fish market.

Use some wire and drop your bait in. You have a good shot a shark this way. A lot of bream have been caught there lately as well so prawns are a good option as well.

If you use the same fish biats with no wire you will also have a good shot at a salmon.

Angus

P.S. I would really advise reading the other Kooka Park reports in the reports section though mate. All of this info could have been read there as well.

Angus

Hey Angus.

I have joined you from Strathpine(north brisbane), but move here from Denmark.

I do have a castnet, and i have watched a vidio on how to use this, but i think i'm gonna buy most my bait just to be sure, don't wanna miss out cause i can't throw the net. Will do a few practice throws in the backyard first though :)

cheers

Heino

Archived