nooooorth pine

Jordan

Hey Jordan where and when would you be meeting Id love to come along, I can get there myself but would have to meet you there somewhere. I dont know the dam very well so directions would be best. I fished there with my brother a few weeks back and didnt do well at all so It would be good to get out there with a few guys that fish it abit.

Lee

jimmybob wrote:

jordan?..does nova play death metal?:dry:

Ahahahaahahahahaahahaahahaahahahaha.

Lee: Walking the banks around Forgans Cove (marked in the referdex) tends to be where a lot of the quality fish come from.

Angus

im not sure if im gonna be able to get there early in the morning now, the olds are saying im gettin run down and need the sleep in for a change, ill try as hard as i can though, ive been looking foward to nova all week. and no jimbob they dont play our kind of music. how would that be first thing in the morning haha. ill post wot time im goin on saturday arv afta work :(

I dont know. Ive never had any luck at the wall. Closest I came was dropping some monster, but apart from that, nothing. I'll probably go where i usually head to, not too sure what its called though.

Hey, Troy or angus, whats the name of that part near the car park? Is that Forgans? I cant remember.

Reef raider, I'll look in the referdex and see if i can find the name.

Does any know if the fishing restrictions have chged. Like where we can and cant fish. Someone posted a while ago about only being able to fish in zones that are \"clearly\" marked by red or orange tape. Only problem being, Ive never seen said tape anywhere along there.

Or have i got it the wrong way around. Maybe you cant fish where the supposed tape is? Help?:unsure:

Hi All,

Reference boundaries.

McGavin View:

Boundary has been clearly added to, flagged fence goes down to the water on the point opposite the toilet block at Mc Gavin.

Forgan Cove:

The boundary fence is not visible as it is surrounded by six foot high grass. When you get to the bottom of the hill from the carpark the fence is up on the hill to your left, so all fishing water in reality is out of bounds. Rumour is the boundaries are going to be moved around the dam a little further.

Wet a few lures on Monday with me mate and I got 8 legals biggest was 42, and a good yella. My mate pulled in 8 legal bass. This was a far cry from Saturday AM when I had to drop my pants in the carpark cos I did not get a fish.

Keep on Fishin

Dino

Hey Dino,

Me and a mate fished McGavins View on MOnday morning and were apparently fishing outside the allowed zone and the ranger rolled up in his 4x4 and asked us to move on. We had got a few bass before the ranger asked us to move on. We had to head back to the dam wall area where all we could catch was a snag.

Just wondering if that was you at McGavins with another guy, fishing right on the flagged boundary which they extended while we were there down to the water?

On a positive note I will add that the ranger was very good about the whole issue and asked how we had gone with the fishing etc and said that he would go move the tape down to make it visible and if we could please move back towards the wall.

Just goes to show the rangers do patrol the banks and are enforcing the flagged boundaries.

-nelson-

rayke1938 wrote:

Dino

You should have come down to the Hinze they were biting like they used to bite at the snag at north pine only thing they were mostly 25 to 35 cm but heaps of them .

Ray

First school we got onto were in the 25 to 35 range, second school in the bay behind the rowers starter blocks (the little one with the cliff) were mid to high 30's.

Hi Nelson,

Yes, that was me and my mate. We seen you guys and after the rangers spoke to you they came down to where we were and extended the fence line to make it more visible. The rangers are all mice men and women . They have a job to do and they carry it out professionally and courteously.( We have also been asked to move on) Where you were you were right in eyesight of the rangers house.

We did catch a couple of Fish as per report.

Keep on Fishin

I'm prety sure I saw the ranger drive down to tell you to move on Nelson. I saw two groups of people from where I normally fish from - across the lake - sort of on a point. I've never seen any tape when walking to the spot. I hope it's alright though.

Also tried the dam wall on Sunday, but only managed to get a couple of bites between the three of us, and it seemed like a bit of a snag graveyard there.

Post edited by: robski, at: 2007/06/06 10:37

Hmmm... Nelson, I'm not sure it was me that you saw. I was over at the dam wall ( right next to it actually) on Sunday with two mates between 1:30 and 3:30 pm. We passed another solo angler on the way there after having walked down from Mcgavin car park. I was at the dam yesterday at my spot at something between like 6:30 and 8:30 am, and saw two people fishing at and beyond the red marker tape ( Dinodadog...?) practically right across from me. Two other people were further down the lake ( to my left). I usually walk to my spot from the little car park just before Bullocky rest.

Yes that was me. We caught a few fish. Nothing to rave about. From the fenceline where you seen us around to the dam wall is okay and from Bullocky around to Forgan Cove is okay.

From Bullocky back to the dam wall on that side is out of bounds.

Keep on Fishin

Yes that was me. We caught a few fish. Nothing to rave about. From the fenceline where you seen us around to the dam wall is okay and from Bullocky around to Forgan Cove is okay.

From Bullocky back to the dam wall on that side is out of bounds.

Keep on Fishin

Archived