my new boat 2400 kevlacat offshore

rosco1974

post-3985-144598611182_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598611189_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598611172_thumb.jpg

post-3985-144598611161_thumb.jpg

pick up my new boat this arvo and can tell you that i am happier than pig in mud,did a 20minute driver training with rafe from springwood marine and he was confident i knew enough to hand the beast orver to me. i droped him back at the pick up address and waved goodbye.head straight out to get use to the beast and am now quiet confident on driving the thing.i a still a novice driver but had the cat purring along at 30knts most of the arvo in 20 odd knot winds...have only been out of it for an hr and gee i wish i was still in it...to say i am happy with my purchase it would be an understatement i have a grin bigger than this and will have for many yrs to come.

would like to thank the rafe from springwood marine for putting the whole deal together and would recomend him to any1 who is looking for a kevla cat. i have it moored down manly while i wait for the new trailer to be made and a new anchor winch will be put on when its put on the trailer.then the bottom will be cleaned. boat is a 10/2005 model

cheers rosco

does it have a counter rotatong motor on it? they are a good rig to fish from but as you'll find they do not in any way react the same as a mono, but you'll find all this out in due time, oh, where are the deck winches ??? cos once ya use them, there's no turnin back, but load them with dacron. not mono. 120 lb stuff. congrats on ya new purchase, i'm lookin at a rig at wynumm tomorrow. you keen for a few nights up off fraser, jurasic park in fact ?. soon but not now.winter time !

rob.

yeah rob would be keen,but not for a month or so as the trailer will take 4 weeks,an i need to learn to drive it properly to get the most out of it.. a few weeks and i am sure i will be alot better driving it.have got the hang of using the trim already.deck winches hey don't have any.what sort of boat u looking at now

cheers rosco

hey nath hows things,heading over to tangers to see paul on sunday,i recon you youngfellas will want to jump in with me instead of paul from now on

yeer make shaw u show the old man how good it is so he will by one Hahaha :cheer: and yeer I'll come with next time hahaha lol

hey nath hows things,heading over to tangers to see paul on sunday,i recon you youngfellas will want to jump in with me instead of paul from now on

yeer make shaw u show the old man how good it is so he will by one Hahaha :cheer: and yeer I'll come with next time hahaha lol

i'm with joel on that :silly:

rosco wont be replyin to any more posts this weekend due to the fact he is sittin in the boat down at manly with a towel on his lap for the drool, :lol: . cant say that i blame him either.i'll do a drive by on my way back from that wynumm place.
i was looking at a few boats at the last tinnie show like a noble but not sure to go glass or plate me thinking a plate boat very soon

no drool towel rob,got some blood in it today,from the bait i used in the crab pots lol,had the deck wash on to wash it out .going to do a tangers run tommorrow after i check my pots for some muddies,hopefully do as well as rob did last weekend.deffenatly eats up the chop

Beautiful boat.

I am looking at picking a 2400 or something very similar in the next year or two as need something to accomodate my growing family and need something that will cover lots of kms in less than perfect conditons.

Looks like you are onto a winner.

PS Am very interested in towing impressions as I am likely to be towing with something like a navara or similar.

dhess,

i will be towing with my bt50 if i dont buy a cheap landrover,a hint if u get a 2005model or later they come in just under 2.9t fully loaded and around 2.7t half fuel and no water onboard this is the offshore model the weekender model is 3.2t.they are lighter than the older ones as there is no ply used in floor or transom in the boat.

Archived