Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp Report

Angus

Thanks everyone for a wonderful weekend. Tom, Paul, Satomi and I really enjoyed ourselves. We are looking forward to attending many more events in the future.

It was great to see some faces in the flesh and shake hands with most of them. We have plenty of great photos and would love to see more.

Paul and I ran a trial on some brand new rod\reel and braid combos donated by Anaconda. It was an absolute blessing to use such light gear and to be able to catch so many nice fish.

This was my first time to target bass. It`s great fun. I`ll do it again soon for sure.

My highlight of the weekend was learning to use a fly rod with Leann. I`ve been reading her articles and buying her DVDs for years now and i feel honoured to be able to say `I was taught by the best`. I would love the opportunity for some more technical lessons.

Here is a photo of Satomi with a smaller bass she caught on Saturday.

Once again, thank you all and see you again soon. [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/100_0870.JPG

Post edited by: Nastymind, at: 2007/06/04 20:33

post-915-144598416799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im noticing in these reports a fair few more Tandanus than usual were caught. Thats pretty good. They all seem really fat as well!

I think Hinze is a good place for these sort of events. Mainly because we already have the infrastructure sorted with Steve and Sports Tuition. So dont worry guys many more to come!

Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/06/05 08:31

Posted this photo again, (deleted original) cranked the brightness up a little so more is visible.

We'd had a few drinks, and decided we need to cross the bridge in our search for a fishable location. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Bridge_Crossing___Midnight-8903d1a5af090eda9557b33f6cf0060a.jpg

Angus wrote:

Man i love the look of those Boomers.

They will be gun at Baroon and Ewen i reckon.

Angus

They would have to be my most top bass trolling lures I've got, I have have a wide range of them and alot of other brands but always feel most confident with boomerangs they always produce the goods.

STU

STU which colour is that? There is another colour or two I'm keen to try

The two other colours I'm keen to try are Black Beetle and Crimson Tiger.

I dunno, Hot Tiger doesn't look good to me. I might give it a shot though.

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/06/06 19:39

Back in 2001-2002 all I use to do is troll for bass and yellas hot tiger caught most of my fish, then Got into plastics,ice jigs,spinnerbaits,rattle traps. And they sit in the tacklbox now, will dust them off one day I just prefer cast and retrieve more these days but trolling taught me the ins and outs to find them.

I know a few people have expressed there enthusiasm for another trip whether they attended this one or not. I am already talking with Steve to make this a twice a year event.One in summer one in winter. So all aboard!

Also the cabin capacity is bigger than what we used, so we could have more people if they brought there own electrics.

Angus

Name a date Graham and myself will be there.

We both have boats with electrics .

I can see a sea of leads going to battery chargers at night as feral and brian would probably bring theirs also.

How about a rollup of around 50 members--------FANTASTIC!!!!!

Ray

Angus wrote:

I know a few people have expressed there enthusiasm for another trip whether they attended this one or not. I am already talking with Steve to make this a twice a year event.One in summer one in winter. So all aboard!

Also the cabin capacity is bigger than what we used, so we could have more people if they brought there own electrics.

Angus

bring it on

i'm in

Archived