Where to kayak Sunday 5/6/11 now with map and plan

PlasticFantastic

Ahmedy I'd suggest launching from the southern end of the point (where the ferry leaves). Not much water between Viccy Pt and Coochie at low tide.

Wouldn't have thought it would matter much at low tide if using the ramp/pontoon. To avoid the potential rough patch of water the pontoon ramp would be the better of the two I think as you can easily avoid that part and you will avoid the ferry which crosses quite regularly.

I always launch from the northern ramp. It is good to get across if you head directly from the ramp towards the Red Cliff on Coochie and when you get 50m from the beach turn and head right around the island.

May a suggest if you do not want to peddle all the way back and forth from peel. Yak out and then catch the Ferry home. I will also be out around there with the boys on Sunday so give me a call if you need assistance. 0407 118 915

I always launch from the northern ramp. It is good to get across if you head directly from the ramp towards the Red Cliff on Coochie and when you get 50m from the beach turn and head right around the island.

May a suggest if you do not want to peddle all the way back and forth from peel. Yak out and then catch the Ferry home. I will also be out around there with the boys on Sunday so give me a call if you need assistance. 0407 118 915

Thanks for the offer of help if needed we shall give you a call when the Snapper is to big for the kayaks hatch, looks like it's going to busy on the water Sunday so the main worry will be boat traffic not the weather. I'm still heading to Peel though, better chance of a half decent fish.

Cheers

Mark

Ahmedy I'd suggest launching from the southern end of the point (where the ferry leaves). Not much water between Viccy Pt and Coochie at low tide.

Wouldn't have thought it would matter much at low tide if using the ramp/pontoon. To avoid the potential rough patch of water the pontoon ramp would be the better of the two I think as you can easily avoid that part and you will avoid the ferry which crosses quite regularly.

It matters when you have a mirage drive and run into a sand bank, but since you boys have paddle yaks I suppose it doesn't really matter. It was just a suggestion :)

Looking forward to the adventure on Sunday.

Operation 5138008

Right chaps,

I've spent all morning with the bright lads at HQ and we've come up with a cracker of a plan for the 5th. Here's what the boffins had to say.

Jerry's camped all round us on Green, Peel and Coochimudlo islands, they're well dug in and it will need 3 crack teams to dig them out.

In the north at Green we have Major Chips Ebelt and RSM Salty Sparks from the "Slightly tarnished 7th SAS" leading the attack. Their leader is new to the Tupperware, but he's always done well when its down to the hand-on-fin combat and I know he won't let us down.

We're sending some of the hush-hush lads from Special Ops to infiltrate the enemy troops south east of Coochimudlo - these lads from Z force are silent but deadly. I've got "00Zeezu" and "Ahmedy the knife" in charge of this group and we expect them to come back with a big haul of fish.

Taking charge of the main assault will be Colonel P Fantastic and the lads and lasses of the 1st Division Light Whores - a fine group that always give their all. Col Fantastic will be joined by Special agent tBox, on loan to us from the Dutch, she's a bit of a sort and a dab hand at plastics. Of course we can't forget Major Dangerous Den he's keen-as-F and ready to take the fight right up to the Hun. He can be brutal on the enemy and great things are expected here. I'll be taking a step back to allow Col F to lead the charge.

All in all I think we have the right people in the right places - god speed lads, tBox and Denny and give-em HELL!

Commander B Kreel Phillips

Light Whores

post-2889-144598630028_thumb.jpg

Tacklebox... You let him into the wine cupboard again...

Don't kid yourself though kids, this is war. Beware of and get to know the opposition. Seemingly innocent, the turtles 'come up for air' but are actually involved in serious reconisance work for the enemy reich. They pass information back to the main battalions and facilitate counter attacks with often dire consequences. You know you are really in strife when the dolphins (code name back beather) move in to your area, head for land should a dugong (aka duggun) arrive on the scene, it can only end badly from there.

I suspect the real dangers to this operation will come from the flotilla of neutrals or allies. Also the battle ships and troop carriers of the loud whores brigade heading further to the east may pose serious risks to the operation.

Good luck on your mission.

good luck to all of you heading out omm morning, I hope the fishing gods are smiling on you as you head into battle.

Unfortunately I can't make it, so I'm planning a PM session, perhaps somewhere local.

I'll put up another post if anyone want's to join me.

rocket

All ready for combat, I'm keen as Fishcakes and my pleasure toys are lubed and ready too go B)

so 530am at cleveland point?

yep all good. what gear are you bringing?

Bringing my barra rod to troll out a big lure, sp rod and a medium rod to throw blades and big plastics. Hopefully we all get onto a few.

Archived