Weird fish at North Pine

robski

Just got back from NP.

The fishing is still pretty good there. I got three decent sized bass, with this one being the largest:

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/img_3064.jpg

I saw another strange fish cruise right past me about two metres out from the bank. Someone might be able to tell me what it might have been..it was about 80cm to a metre long, slender, silver and very slow moving. I threw a lure at it, but was sort of off target and the lure was picked up by a bass:pinch: . Didn't get another shot at it...:( .

post-803-144598417329_thumb.jpg

Be a Toga for certain the stocking assn have stocked a small number there in the hope that they will breed. They have also stocked some large breeders in a small pond near the quarry a couple of years ago. I havent heard how they are going. I did hear of one of the boating permit fishers capturing one a couple of years ago and he kept it to eat. I hope he choked on it.

Ray

Re Saratoga..

I'm interested to know which of the two types are in our dams.

from my aquarium days there was two types available.

Saratoga Leichardi, a beautiful fish but more common and half the price of:

Saratoga Jardini, the Jardini type had the beautiful pink spots on their scales.

From memory the Jardini came from further up north.

Does anyone know which type/types are in which dams?

Cheers

Mojo you are right as the Jardini if found further north Queensland/Northern territory and Leichardi is found down here in the South east.

Dont quote me on this but I'm sure lake Awoonga and Lenthals have Jardini and I would think NP would be more likely to have Leichardi.

Archived