State of Origin 3 Kick Off

Gad

Game On… Let the Whineing Begin...

Well Rickys` playing with himself again.

NSW coach Ricky Stuart is fearing a State of Origin ambush amid the hysteria surrounding Queensland great Darren Lockyer's Maroons' swansong in the series decider.

"It happened to me in 1991 - I was a player, it was one-all, we were headed to Brisbane, it was Wally Lewis' last game and the whole environment changed," Stuart said.

"In 1991, it was like we were invited to the party, but we weren't allowed to have a beer or dance with anyone. We were just there for the party.

"I just really hope this doesn't happen in this game - there's two teams thereâ€....

I think Ricky should ask Gus if he can borrow Bluey the cattle dog,at least that way he`s brought his own licker to the party.

The Blues coach is still upset at a quirk in the NRL scheduling, which will see as many as eight of the players he named in his 20-man squad on Sunday playing for St George Illawarra or Manly on Monday night.

"Our whole preparation has been turned upside down going into the game - the most important game of the series," Stuart said.

"For our preparation, it's really cut us short - we won't be able to have a full team preparation until the backend of the week - Thursday, Friday - and that will depend on how the players pull up after tomorrow night's game.

"It is disappointing that I've got a number of players playing in this game. It's just fell awkwardly for us."

30 years of Origin,with Qld having this problem most previous years, I`m sure the crowd at the Cauldron will feel for him.

Maroons Team:

Billy Slater , Darius Boyd , Justin Hodges , Greg Inglis , Jharal Yow Yeh , Darren Lockyer (capt) , Johnathan Thurston , Matt Scott , Cameron Smith , Petero Civoniceva , Nate Myles , Sam Thaiday , Ashley Harrison.

Interchange: Cooper Cronk, Corey Parker, Ben Hannant, Jacob Lillyman, Dane Nielsen (one to be omitted).

Blues Team

Those who are and those who aren`t (and maybe some who aren`t named below)

Anthony Minichiello , Jarryd Hayne , Michael Jennings, Mark Gasnier , Akuila Uate , Jamie Soward , Mitchell Pearce , Paul Gallen © , Michael Ennis , Tim Mannah , Beau Scott , Ben Creagh , Greg Bird , Kurt Gidley , Trent Merrin , Anthony Watmough , Luke Lewis , Brett Morris , Keith Galloway , Glenn Stewart.

Gus is playing with Ricky too

NSW can expect Qld tricks: Gould

19:14 AEST Wed Jun 29 2011

Former NSW coach Gould backed current coach Ricky Stuart's comments that the Blues can expect no favours from the moment they arrive in Brisbane on Sunday night.

Phil Gould has warned the Blues to expect every dirty trick in the book as Queensland attempt to unsettle their State of Origin decider preparations.

"Queensland do you no favours. He (Stuart) is absolutely on the money - don't trust them."

"All those things people talk about happens off the field," Gould said of the emotional build-up.

"You go up there for a decider and you get to the training paddock and it's not ready and there's people marking the field or it's roped off and there's spies watching you train," Gould said.

Driving home this arvo,I heard on the radio,Ennis the menace whining that Qlders were up to their dirty tricks already,apparently somewhere between Sydney airport and when he got his luggage at the Brissy airport someone had stuck a "Go The Maroons" sticker on one of his bags. :lol:

After the last week of hearing Stuart,Gus and now The Menace whinge,I think I`m going to sit down and Email a couple of English ex workmates and apoligise for calling them turbine 1,2 & 3,they had nothing on this NSW trio. :lol::lol:

Archived