a bit of mud and more part deux

Zim man

Went out today with Al (biggles) with the aim of trying out new products ( someone has to do it)

Headed to mud, a few boats around but not bad. Drifted a bit and had a bite here and there but nothing like a few weeks earlier. Al picked up two small ones, I think they were on rippers in moebi colour.

I lost interest in Mud and went to spot B which in future will become spot A and B and also C.

First fish I pulled up was a PB snapper at 55cm. great fight on 3lb line. New product of 4.5 inch Monster Miki did the job. An awesome fight, I am loving them more and more. Took a pic on the camera phone to alert a few other members as to how I was doing.

post-2016-144598642827_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598642843_thumb.jpg

We could see tarpon in amongst the mullet and try as we might we could not convert. I dropped one on an armor shad and then went I went back to chasing snapper, I hooked onto a tarpon, saw colour, saw him and then he wore the leader out. I then switch to an MU –SP hardbody, they usually smash them and 5th or so cast in that hooked up to a tarpon and then the leader was frayed out again(managed to find the lure floating so that was good) . Tied on a Pontoon 21 bully boo 60mm jointed lure. I love the action on them. I hooked in a tailor, really nice fight (on the 3lb again) and got him in the boat.

post-2016-144598642857_thumb.jpg

Al got a legal snapper on a miki 4.5 inch and also a pike and a heap of small squire. I picked up another tailor on the bully boo (same size as first one) and got a few small squire (not as many as Al) and then it went quite.

Got some great pics, but after using the camera underwater, I never cleaned the lense and the tailor shots are crappy. Lesson learned there.

Here are some pics of the day

post-2016-144598642865_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598642872_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598642881_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598642887_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598642894_thumb.jpg

post-2016-144598642902_thumb.jpg

[attachment:10]duffstickall.jpg[/attachment]

thanks for reading

post-2016-14459864291_thumb.jpg

Yep, another great morning on the water as usual, thanks Rob. Some of those pics were shite :blush: we must check the lens after doing the water stuff from now on. Anyway here are a couple of others from the second camera, however the light setting was up a bit to much this morning :blush: :blush:

Al

IMG_0127-Copy.jpg

CopyofIMG_0126.jpg

Love the monster Mikis. Great snap there and gratz on the new pb. Looks like u have a new fav spot.

Also mate having difficulty getting the 4.5" mikis ATM. Is there a stockest in bbrisbane. Tackle warehouse is not stocking that size at present. The rippers have been working in their absence though :P

Love the monster Mikis. Great snap there and gratz on the new pb. Looks like u have a new fav spot.

Also mate having difficulty getting the 4.5" mikis ATM. Is there a stockest in bbrisbane. Tackle warehouse is not stocking that size at present. The rippers have been working in their absence though :P

thanks every one for the comments, will be skipping mud out an heading straight there from now on.

The 4.5inch monster miki is a new product, i will be showing the guys at tacklewarehouse soon and hopefully they will start stocking them

got a few new other products coming out as well

• 2 weeks later...

Archived