Shultz canal flathead 9/6/07

murraycod

First time post for this site after months of reading all the great info stories and many a laugh from the tales that get posted. A sincere thanks to all of you. A real joy to read.

Went fishing (for the third time this year!!)Saturday 9/and decided to give the boat passge at the port a shot for bream or tailor. After 1 1/2 hours not even a bite. Blowing a gale and a roaring current going through, it was hard to keep bait and line in a spot. There was also a fairly offensive smell in the air. Decided to move on to try Shultz canal. Heard many great reports from Jordan and others, I had to try it. Got there and walked own to the bridges about 2-2.30pm and found I lost all my bait!!

After many years of collecting lures and soft plastics and gad little success, I had no other option (I was NOT going home, as my fishing days are too rare and sacred to waste!)than to clip on a SP and give it a shot. after 4 or 5 casts Scored a 39cm Flathead. Very nice was excited-first fish on SP and was like a little kid. This canal is a great spot. Does any one know any where else like this as I am still finding my way around this city. Would love to add to my tally. 1 and counting!

Your offensive smell would be the Incitec plant on the corner of Aquarium passage and the Brisbane river. Super stinky but as far as I can see, no outlet to the water ....so it is all good......

Congrats on the flatty.

I guess next time I go there I will be complaining of the off smell.....when I find your old bait that is...lol

well done murray!...now ya wont need to buy bait since ya got flattys sorted on soft plastics.....could be worth a shot at the mouth of nudgee canal..fish the last few hours of the run out tide with ya plastic and there should be some more flattys waiting for ya...

Archived