Where to catch Carp on the North Side

Carstenvp

Hi all

I used to catch Carp all the time back in Denmark and didn't think there were any in good old QLD but after reading on this forum, having learnt that there are lots, good for anglers, bad for our local fish population.

I prefer bank fishing with float and sweetcorn or bottom fishing with my own homemade boilies

Where do I go and catch the little buggers for sure?

I live in Burpengary so was hoping around here, Morayfield, Caboolture, North Lakes, Strathpine (think I saw a thread about carps in a dam in a park in Strathpine).

If any one up here fancy a fish in a local water in a couple of weeks time, join in

Cheers

Carsten

as far as im aware you need to go a little south to get the carp. ie over the border towards nsw

the fish youve heard about is tilapia. another noxious pest. when we had the floods they got into the lake at pinerivers park and if you just go down and worm on a float youll get some. and they are in the rivers now and any body of water really.

as far as im aware you need to go a little south to get the carp. ie over the border towards nsw

the fish youve heard about is tilapia. another noxious pest. when we had the floods they got into the lake at pinerivers park and if you just go down and worm on a float youll get some. and they are in the rivers now and any body of water really.

mate carp are everywhere.... most fresh water creeks and dams around surbubia have them. their are pleenty of creeks and dame on the sth side of brisbane that hold carp, too many in fact.

• 9 years later...
21 minutes ago, Tuna are fish said:

Do you have to kill them once caught. Are you allowed to release them back?

Hey Tuna are fish

In QLD, you must kill Carp and any other noxious fish (Tilapia, Gambusia, etc), and they must not be returned to the water. You cannot eat them, use them for bait, and they must be buried well away from the water or binned.

https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/business-priorities/fisheries/recreational/recreational-fishing-rules/noxious-fish

Cheers Hamish

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/28/2023 at 8:47 PM, OscarRoberts09 said:

Hey mate, I’ve caught a few carp and tillies just near Boondal, there is a little unnamed creek which host a lot of carp, mostly mirror and kois. I just use bread floating near the surface and they will have a eat, just keep the ducks away!

where in boondal is this creek mate? near frank sleeman park?