texas trip repost.... spot now filled

madmullet

brad ( bass tracker ) and myself have booked a hunting trip to texas. on the property you can hunt hunt pigs, goats, dingoes, cats, rabbits, hairs and do a spot of fishing. we have one spot open due to a jull out

the criteria you have to fit....

need a current gun liscence....

you need to be a member of a sporting shooters club....

you need your own rifle and ammo....

you need to be gun smart....

you need camo gear....

camel pack....

food....

you need to be able to chip in for fuel....

depending on what property we go to their will be a over night charge of $50-$75 a night....

if your interested let me no and we will sit down and work out dates to suit all of us...

cheers kurt

Kurt what Rifles do you like to use & what club are you with ?

Cheers

Darren

favourite is my .270 but i also have tikka 308, tikka .243, ruger .223 and afew .22's and some 12g's as well. i am with SSAA ( SPORTING SHOOTERS ASSOSIATION AUSTRALIA ) but as long as you are a member of a gun club your and got a lic its all good to shoot on properties

G`day Kurt,does the firearm liscence require an RE1 (recreational shooting/hunting) endorsement for anyone taking up your kind offer

hmmmmmm is that the side of the liscence you choose for example a sporting shooter at a club or for rec and hunting.... if so then yes it is ok, cause the only way to hold a gun lic is to be a member of a sporting shooters or have the other side of it sorted out,

i am not 100% sure but i will look into it

G`day Kurt,does the firearm liscence require an RE1 (recreational shooting/hunting) endorsement for anyone taking up your kind offer

hmmmmmm is that the side of the liscence you choose for example a sporting shooter at a club or for rec and hunting.... if so then yes it is ok, cause the only way to hold a gun lic is to be a member of a sporting shooters or have the other side of it sorted out,

wait no... that intitals you to enter a national park

wait no... that intitals you to enter a national park

just to be sure, recheck...

I hold a Qld firearms liscence with endorsements of SC1 & RE1… subject to the following conditions, under the Weapons Act 1990 Liscence conditions

these are

SC1 This liscence authorizes the liscencee to have possession of and use registered Category A&B weapons for the purpose of sports or target shooting at an approved range

RE1

This license authorises the liscencee to have possession of and use registered Category A&B weapons for the purpose of recreational shooting on rural land,only with the express consent of the owner…..

These conditions are printed on the letter that comes with the attached firearm liscence,along with the letter that lists your firearms registrations.

PS.. I have never made an application for permission to shoot in National/State parks/forests,not into the Ivan Milat style :dry:

Im not sure about these guys as they require an ssaa membership to step on the property but I'll look into it for you I couldnt really a big issue

I have insurance as I'm a member of the ABA (Australian Bow hunters Association) , similar to the SSAA,

although I just found out recently the SSAA does cover bow hunters too.

Are you allowed to hunt on this property with a crossbow?

i am not 100% sure, good luck getting close to the animals on this properity, its very mountainous, you shoot from one mountain to the next across a george

All part of the challenge.... I drop goats from 100m away no worries. Pigs are a bit harder I will admit.

Are you allowed to hunt on this property with a crossbow?

i am not 100% sure, good luck getting close to the animals on this properity, its very mountainous, you shoot from one mountain to the next across a george

All part of the challenge.... I drop goats from 100m away no worries. Pigs are a bit harder I will admit.

average shot on this propery is 250m but can go much further out

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the Warning!!

Spoke to Mathew on the phone last night, top bloke, really looking forward to a good weekend out there starting friday. Looking forward to seeing his "boombox" haha a 600watt amp with two housed 300watt speakers and an mp3 with dog, pig, deer calls that by the sounds of it, and if the wind is in your favour, you should be able to hear back down here in brisbane!

PS just picked up a few spinnerbaits for the river, looking forward to flicking a few lures before the walking starts!

Archived