Cracking sesh at Maroochy River (PB FLATHEAD)

doss

G'day folks,

My sister had a swimming carnival on Maroochy River yesterday, so The Rents decide to camp at cotton tree for 2 nights. i was very annoyed because i wanted to hit some bass up around but anyway i'm glad i didn't go.

On friday afternoon i quickly help to set the tent up, i was so keen to wet a line to get into some lovely bream caught about 6. There was no real size into them, the largest going 26cm

post-8626-14459867293_thumb.jpg

On saturday Morning the tide was on the last 2ish hours on the run out so i went for a yak to try for a flathead. so i just went back to the camp site to put my yak away and grab the cast net first cast of the net i felt the rope and there was a zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz i said to some bloke mate you want some livlys, got a Christmas tree of herring. feeled up my bucket with what i needed and gave some to this bloke. and release the rest. The rod was in the water for about 20seconds ZZZZZZZZZ i was like what the currents bloody strong as i went to wind the rod into to put a heavy sinker on the line was going the opposite way to the current. ohhhh yeahhh after a nice little fight, few little head shakes came in a 44cm flathead

post-8626-144598672944_thumb.jpg

there was plenty of bites but they where only biting the heads of the herring. the high tide was coming on and a mate brought the surf boards up so went for a few hour.

That afternoon around 4ish i went back to the spot where i caught the flathead only hours after. there was heaps of smashing on the surface so i drifted out a herring bangg zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz few more head shakes zzzzzzz zzz nice little 50cm flathead came in (released). that was the SHOCK OF MY LIFE a flathead on a drifted herring!!. then the rain came and i bucketed down and gave up :(

this morning we where heading home so i got up extra early to get a far few herring for a good day. i managed to get my cast net snagged really bad and there was a bloke on a paddle board i called him in to try pull my cast net out from the snag he manged to get it out but as he pulled it of he fell into the water funnest thing of my life!!!!

20min later i feel a massive bite so i strike then a frieght train ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ massive head shakes zzzzzzzzzz taking about 50m of 16lb braid i had to start chasing it down the beach and it was still smashing line of my reel finally i caught up to the fish then more massive head shakes, after losing a 8kg+ golden trev at christmas i was very keen to bring this fish in after a massive 5min fight i landed a MASSIVE 76CM FLATHEAD on the beach about 100m from where i started fishing i reckon i probably woken up the whole carnival park i was so happy :DD!!!! after a few pics of her i quickly release her back. BLoody awesomee stuff. PB flathead too

post-8626-144598672953_thumb.jpg

[attachment]76cm flathead.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:6]76cm ohh yeah.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:8]76cm flathead on the brag.JPG[/attachment]

cheers doss

• 1 month later...

Archived