The muddy drought has been broken and more sandies

tradie

So ive been a little quiet over the last few weeks as the boat has been off the water as some welding repairs to the bottom of the boat that I have been putting off I finally got around to doing. It was hard not even getting the boat on the water last weekend as I was busting to go for a crabbing session. Also while the boat was off the water I decided to rewire my boat so thats a plus all new wiring and everything works:D

I set out saturday morning and set my 4 pots down the river for a good soak and my efforts are shown in pic number one. After the good catch on saturday I called it a day and decided to take the risk and leave my pots out saturday night only to return at sunrise to try and be the first one to check them in the morning. And it paid off as I must have been the first to my pots come sunday morning:D and the catch is shown in pic number 2. As I had things to do sunday I decided id leave my pots out for the day and would come back sunday night to check my pots and bring them in. Conditions on the river this arvo were pretty bad but had to pushon to get to my spot to check these pots and bring them in. It was worth the slow putt down the river as my catch for sunday arvo is in pic number 3.

As you can see in the pics some of the claws are missing im seeming to catch alot of crabs with missing claws at the moment and the amount of female crabs with both claws missing also seems a bit strange....

Till next weekend I think unless I finish early one day this week thats my post till then HAPPY CRABBING:d

Adam

All in all for the two days of the weekend 31 sandies and 8 mudcrabs wasnt a bad effort

post-5874-144598719506_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598719517_thumb.jpg

post-5874-144598719528_thumb.jpg

Awesome stuff mate. Looks like some ripper sized sandies amongst them too. Ironically, I've been meaning to call around to your place (where do you live again??) and say g'day/introduce myself ..........

Enjoy eating them!!

Haha mate cheers for the post! I should just go get myself an ABN and a crabbers license because Im allergic to crabs I just love catching them! You know all the fun is in the chase, once you have them the fun is all over hahahah :silly:

I have some happy family members that are happy to eat them!

Adam

Archived