BRC Social Gathering

ellicat

The best part of any event for me is the social side.

So the sad news of today caused by the weather means there is a big hole in this side of the event for those that wont be taking the drive south.

If you are like me and like to meet new members and old please join me and Ted at 12:30 PM on Saturday at Colmslie ramp park. I'll be bringing down a Gazebo (2.4 x 2.4), a BBQ and enough food for just me.

If some others are keen then it wont be hard to organize a few loaves of bread and sauce and bring your own meat/snags/tofu :sick: and drinks.

Pony up champions - let's still have a meet and greet.

Broiling some chicken on the BBQ again?

I have my last sailing race meet for the year so cant make otherwise its always good to have a banter about things.

That chicken was great. I've been waiting for another opportunity to do the same again. Saturday may be perfect. ! :silly:

To take the original comment and do a social impact study would be easy.

The result would be that friends are made at these gatherings. History is created by re-acquainting. Bonds of varying degrees are made and the whole community is better off.

Now would someone hand me a towel; my chin feels wet.

I'll be launching at colmslie ramp at 5, so depending on how my bed-pans pan out on the water I should be able to pop in and say g'day in the arvo :)

Mate that sounds ominous. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

In any case, if you do show up please wash your hands first.

I have my last sailing race meet for the year so cant make otherwise its always good to have a banter about things.

The result would be that friends are made at these gatherings. History is created be re-acquainting. Bonds of varying degrees are made and the hole community is better off.

Now I am definately a non starter.... you worry me!

I'll be launching at colmslie ramp at 5, so depending on how my bed-pans pan out on the water I should be able to pop in and say g'day in the arvo :)

Mate that sounds ominous. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

In any case, if you do show up please wash your hands first.

I'll be sure to don't worry, otherwise you won't let me handle your snags :kiss:

If someone can bring along a blank unique item form I would appreciate it. Then all I will have to do is catch a fish and learn how to take a photo of myself.

Cheers

Ray

Yep. Will organise that no probs. We are putting in at ...... at ....am (no secrets being given). Give us a call when you are putting in Ray and we will tee up a meet.

The result would be that friends are made at these gatherings. History is created be re-acquainting. Bonds of varying degrees are made and the hole community is better off.

Now I am definately a non starter.... you worry me!

but is not a boat a hole you pour money into making this a boat comunity

Was good to catch up with some of the AFO crew. Well done to Ted & Brian for putting on some beers, snags and an awesome storm proof shelter.

Not sure why we still couldn't have the official BBQ there as conditions were OK :whistle:

Good to see AFO'ers get out amongst it to make it a social event :woohoo: :woohoo:

Was good to catch up with some of the AFO crew. Well done to Ted & Brian for putting on some beers, snags and an awesome storm proof shelter.

Not sure why we still couldn't have the official BBQ there as conditions were OK :whistle:

Good to see AFO'ers get out amongst it to make it a social event :woohoo: :woohoo:

yes well done boys for keeping the social part of the comp alive :)

cheer suspects for the bbq and shenanigans. it's always good to catch up since everyone is always on at various locations during the comp.

sorry we bailed so quickly, i had enough of moving the boat and made the call to go fishing. however the primer bulb split and we went to bcf to make quick repairs, the storm rolled in and i decided to pack it in for home.

just came back from a sneaky late night landbased session, a bit too much fresh for my liking so i changed tactics which paid dividends. even though i must be on -20 or something at least i'll have something to submit for the comp!

see you all tomorrow.

Good to catch up briefly with a few people. Sorry I didnt hang around much but the offer had been made earlier to head out and take some photo's of competitors in pluggers skeeter which was to good to refuse. Most competitors however seemed to be having a merry old time at HQ however I did see H-Fisho, Kreel, Tacklebox and I think some others on the water as well.

Just woke up today to a stunning morning so I hope a few of you got out early to enjoy the awesome weather!

Angus

Thatnks again for the beers Ted an elli, I think I may have had to many, should've been keeping an eye on the boat more on that later (elli will tell the story no doubt). The social aspect of these comps are always the draw card and today was good :)

Quite ironic really as a couple of years ago on here Ellicats favourite saying was 'but if I did that, someone would write a report about it'

Good to see him getting his own back...

Archived