Too rough even for Tugger

rayke1938

It's pretty scary when it's that big. Here is a link on part of a movie i made but haven't edited yet on a trip across Bass Straight me and a couple of mates did. The swell was 8 meters and wind was 60 to 80 knotts.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3tHti6Pso&feature=g-upl&context=G20542d5AUAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, it was a real experience. I have got to learn how to edit video and then will do a full movie of the trip.

It's a bit rough but the footage of it doesn't nearly show what it was really like.

When we were on the top of the troughs looking down to the bottom and it was like 80 feet thats when you know your in trouble.

2 days, we lost out main navigation system then we had Tamar river coastal Patrol plotting us out on a paper map back at base as we had a big JRC sounder that had a GPS but only gave you co-ordiates and it was too rough to plot out in the cabin, We made our way to Beaver Island as it was the closest one with a light house so we could see it from a distance and hide behind it away from the wind. Half way through our mission you can hear the radio station tell us that they had to shut the radio station down and there would be no further transmissions to help us. After about 5 secounds to take all this in we told them that if they cant help us we would be calling PAN PAN. They obviously realised that a radio operators wages were cheaper that a full rescue operation.

Just seen this and i've got to say i've been in worse when i worked on diferent merchant ships for 13 years before on got on to the tugs i'd been through 5 cyclones and 1 very scarey deep low in bass straight that had 15m+ seas. Our cargo shifted on us twice and it didn't look good for us for a good day and a half living in our life jackets. I still think bass straight is worse than the north sea which is where alot of this footage is from

Just seen this and i've got to say i've been in worse when i worked on diferent merchant ships for 13 years before on got on to the tugs i'd been through 5 cyclones and 1 very scarey deep low in bass straight that had 15m+ seas. Our cargo shifted on us twice and it didn't look good for us for a good day and a half living in our life jackets. I still think bass straight is worse than the north sea which is where alot of this footage is from

Yeah Tugg, so show us the brag mat shots from those trips. You did have a line out didn't you?!

Archived