NON-continuous braided line from Ebay

Just received this 500m 20lb Fibre X dyneema braid and finished spooling 2 reels when i noticed a KNOT at about the 400m mark. :evil:

Curious to know if any of u have had this problem with this particular brand. I've informed the seller and am waiting for his reply. I believe there's an exchange policy but am I suppose to un-spool the 2 reels? I'd violently disagee on having to do that! :angry: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image016.jpg

post-1277-14459842047_thumb.jpg

either way its not good.

they arent going to give you another one for free so if you want to exchange you have to return the goods by un-spooling everything and tieing it back together for them.

I would just cut it and tie the knot yourself so you know it will hold and just fish with that. Im sure your not going to notice it when fishing but the massive problem you potentially face is if that knot fails and you have lots of line out......by by braid :(

IMO make that the best knot you have ever tied. The best part about this situation is at least your joining knot will have exactly the same size lines :D

Oceandonkey wrote:

either way its not good.

they arent going to give you another one for free so if you want to exchange you have to return the goods by un-spooling everything and tieing it back together for them.

I would just cut it and tie the knot yourself so you know it will hold and just fish with that. Im sure your not going to notice it when fishing but the massive problem you potentially face is if that knot fails and you have lots of line out......by by braid :(

IMO make that the best knot you have ever tied. The best part about this situation is at least your joining knot will have exactly the same size lines :D

I'll just see what they have to say about it first. I've told them I wouldn't wish to un-spool the 2 reels. If they can't do anything about it, I'd just leave a VERY VERY NEGATIVE feedback for em! I can always use the remaining line for smaller reels. It's jus annoying that this happened. I wonder if there're anymore \"hidden\" knots that I haven't yet found out..

Cowfish13 wrote:

I bought the 12lb, Blue Steel version from the same seller, and all along it, there were little notches and fluffed bits of line.

Guys,

Name the seller, as to be forewarned is forearmed!

Give us all a heads up. I was about to do some serious bidding for new lines and I bet I have their store saved as an Ebay favourite seller.

Cowfish13 wrote:

I bought the 12lb, Blue Steel version from the same seller, and all along it, there were little notches and fluffed bits of line.

Hey cowfish, did u lodge a complain or asked for an exchange?

Nah we won't name the seller, simply coz there's only 1 selling the items Cowfish and I bought our stuff from! haha! do a simple search and it's quite obvious!

i got a spool of30llb shaddow strike braid off ebay that had a knot in it, i was lucky that the knot was right where i stopped after spooling up, have heard a few simillar complaints about most of the brands of \"dyneema\" type braid sold on ebay

Archived