shulls canal

flathead

I went down to shulls canal with pinky for the first time after hearing it was pretty good catching mangrove jack and cod on lures.

we used lures down there for along while using scopieons and other hard bodys i no that it probably be a summer spot because of the jacks but does and tips on how to catch the fish in there like what kingd of hards and are soft plastics good?????

thanks, i must get one of theese SX40 lures, right now i have a scorpion, laser pro and some cheaper kmart lures that look pretty good through the water.. also neer my house in the middle brisbane river where i very often go fishing, at high tide i often catch bream and have caught once nice 53cm flathead and a 45cm threadfin in very close to the shore only a couple of meteres from the bank (threadfin was abit further out). there is basicly no structure exept a nice mud flat. I have tried my lures on theese bream and flathead alot with no sucsess. i only seem to catch them on my little handline that came with my tackle box with a tiny sinker and tiny hook with prawn on it.. the water is very murky but theese bream seem very spooked :o im thinking of trying a lightweighted plastic with light line, any tips?

I went out the nudgee beach yesterday, I schulls canal the body of water on the other side of the road to the little fishing pier? I tried for a while off the pier, but nothing, so went from a recon and found a likely spot behind the shop/cafe, but nothing biting there.

On the way up to redcliffe ( to try above the dept. of fisheries ) I realised the canal I threw in behind the shop continued besides the road for a while on the way out of nudgee beach.

Archived