Fishing the KFTon sunday? Gotta spare yak :P

Runty66

Im am physically and mentally done. Thought it was gonna be a disastrous day when my peddle cable broke half way to my first spot in the morning. I considered turning back and fishing around the launch area to save the long paddle back, but I bit the bullet and stuck to my game plan and fished runuway bay canals. Started off with throwing ecogear bream prawns on 1/40th jigheads for not even a hit in the first hour. After about 2 hours into the comp i finally managed a legal that went 23.1Fl. I then managed another legal going 24Fl about an hour later on. After that It went dead quiet and I only managed a few undersize bream and butter bream. It wasn't until about 11.00 that I changed over to an atomic hardz deep diver, and started targeting the sandy patches between canals that I was starting to get fish, lots of undersize, but eventually managed another legal going 23.5FL, and a 50cm plus flatty. It was a hard slog back to the ramp, but I got there in time. Didn't quite get top 10, but I don't think I was far off. So overall, happy with the result even though it was tough.

23.1Fl

P1000455.jpg

24FL

P1000458.jpg

23.5FL

P1000456.jpg

P1000462.jpg

P1000463.jpg

Cheers

Dan

Cheers

Dan

Nice work Dan and Denny for catching some fish, condolences to ant, jords, runty and myself least we had a go.

found a few pics storm took of myself and i'm pretty impressed - he's crazy to be on the water with that gear but who can complain when you get shots like this:

A62V0063-L.jpg - no copyright intended - to purchase pictures just hitup photographic storm and go from there.

hopefully see you boys at the next kft!

Archived