Christening the Jim Morrison

JarrydA

Ive been reading reports for a while and i thought now was a good time to start contributing.

I have recently purchased a 2 kayaks, The Jim Morrison and The Jimi Hendrix and thought today was the day to take the maiden voyage.

SDC12197.jpg

My girlfriend Sally, Brad (bullseye) and myself Left from Strathpine ramp into the south pine just on high tide around 5.30am, started trolling some lures in the hope of hooking up with something descent, fair bit of surface movement around but didn't get any hits to start.

First fish came after about 45 mins when i pulled in a little baby bream, which although its small size was a big catch for me, First in a Kayak, First with a hard body lure (been a bait fisherman until recently), and First fish on my new Austackle Camo stick pro. 405.jpg

After this, kept up the troll and after a short time i hooked onto another bream, this one had a bit more size, going just over 25cm FL. SDC12194.jpg

By this time we were getting up into the fresh and moving into bass country, which i was hoping i could get another first, (never caught a bass either), unfortunately it didn't happen, dropped one fish which i'm guessing was a bass, but i guess we will never know, maybe next time.

All in all, was a fun adventure and not a bad start to my new found recruitment to the plastic navy.

SDC12206.jpg

SDC12201.jpg

Good to see a convert ( artificials) sounded like a great day. Just a tip from a boatie If you ever decide to venture into the bay I suggest you get a bright flag for your yak, as I came close to cleaning one up today he popped up from the trough of the swell and I was ontop of him in no time , definitely got my heart going. Keep up the good work. Also love the names of your yaks.

Nice little report there mate, keep them comming no matter the size, yakking great fun!

Potty about the bass I'm sure you'll get one soon

If you he a flag then a bike light round the top of the poles. Good idea too as launching in the semi dark can have your undies soiled in no time when an eager boater comes flying off the ramp!!

Well elli, thats kinda what the names are based off. The colour of mine is storm, so im a rider of the storm. The colour of hers is purple haze, hence the jimi hendrix.

If you ever get a green one you can call it Jim Henson.

Nice report, welcome to the Tupperware Navy.

Archived