Fianlly, my own boat!

Ash

Its my birthday this month and i have recieved my present early. My first boat!

She's about 12ft and has 6 hp engine.

Now i know she's not ready to take on those pro's boats, but damn im happy.

Already has a false floor, so whislt i will be building platforms, it means im in no rush.

Im taking for a spin tomorrow morning!:P :cheer:

I'll also add photos as i do things to her, ie platforms, repaint, storage, live tank and rename.

Fisrt thing first though, i'll be buying nav lights and an electric! [img size=384]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/My_first_boat.JPG

post-81-14459839983_thumb.jpg

You bloody ripper - it looks great. Just perfect for river and still water stuff. Happy birthday.

Hope you get lots of fish and have heaps of fun.

Where are you going fishing in it?

My first boat was very similar and I loved it to death.

Make sure you keep us all informed of plans of the fitout with all the photos. But it doesn't look like it needs that much done.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/08/05 08:26

Thanks guys. I love it. Yes it has rod holders. Just pc piping at moment. Am goimg to buy proper ones when get chance. Took it out to Jindalle ramp and went out for a few hrs. Was awesome fun. Just caught 3 catties but was great as they were first fish caught in MY boat!

I wil def put pics up as i modify a little bit.

In about six month will upgrade engine to maybe 10hp, but very happy at moment.

Wil be taking out to night seesions asoon as i get lights!

Got a licence? upgrade the 6 and you will need one.

I am checking out the market for one under 4 at the moment, (depending on the ability of the little Tinnie the captain is giving us to take a petrol donk) as under 4 you dont have to register the boat.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/08/05 14:59

Unforetunetly im not going to the awoonga trip, and so the boat isnt either!

I would chge the name, but its apparently real bad luck to do so. And the last thing i need lately is more bad luck!

I wil take up to one of the dams though, but later on i think!

• 3 weeks later...

yeah feral, ive taken it out a few times now. Great fun. Only been in the brissy river with her so far, abit of fishing and also family outings etc. Planning on hitting the Pine in a couple of weeks so that'll be good! Planning on taking her along the beach there for abit to test her out of river. I wil be getting a depth sounder soonish so that'l improve things. And should be picking up the Nav lights soon too! So there wil be a few night brissie river missions happening.

Im looking forward to some Jindalee nights!!!!

If anyone is keen, the photo's of the biggest sharks i have seen caught in the river are always around the fig tree pocket (they do feed fish there at lone pine) through to the bremer reach. Thats only about 10km of river. How fun if we got a few BRC guys and a few boats and did that one SAt?

Anyone else keen?

Angus

BOOYAH! i got my Nav lights!!!! Also got mega spotty! I am so set for some night time Brissy fishin'! i Have someone loking to pul some favours to see what deal they can get on a fish finder for me! Damn this summer is going to rock!

I will be hitting the river by night pretty soon chasing those damn Jewies!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived