77 members have voted

1. 1. Voting

• Liberal (Campbell Newman)
    • Labor (Anna Bligh)
    • Australian (Bob Katter)
    • Greens (Scarlett Suri Moonshine)
    • Greens
    • Other

I am broed at work, Also know this would start a hot debate.

As a NZ citizen that hasnt been here 2 years i am not allowed to vote.

Thats fine, I just cant wait for the stupid ads to stop.

In my opinion tho, if i was voting ,NEwman wouldnt get my vote,neither would Katter.

F'ed if i know who to vote for with all the slander and rubbish happening on TV.

Is anyone on the forum a born again christian?

Ok now we have a complete set of things my dad said not to talk about in public..

Religion and politics..

Some good advice he did give me though that I am happy to have in the public forum is..

Love God

Be Good To Your Mother and

Dont get your knob stuck in the washing machine...

:whistle: :whistle:

for those who are undecided,be sure that you clearly know who you DO NOT want voted in, because just like relying on birth controlls, accidents can happen :(

Exactly.

I hardly think LNP is a great option but they have my vote purely on the basis that it is the best option to prevent labour getting back in.

Katter has some great policies (including recreational only fishing in coastal communities) but as mentioned some other policies are too extreme for me. Also he wants a cruise ship terminal on the Goldy and that will limit fishing/access in the Seaway so that alone is enough to put me off him.

Labor introduced the Moreton Bay Marine park, and we all know how the consultation process went on that one. We told them the areas we fished in and they made them green zones - thanks Peter and Anna! Sorry but I can't forgive or forget that one.

Newman seems like a good businessman - and the state is a business after all. I have no doubt there are 'savings' to be made in the public service, and that comes from first hand observation in one sector alone. LNP have promised more boat ramps, artificial reefs and fishing pontoons, plus dredging for the broadwater so that will seal it for me.

Just my opinion of course...

Religion and Leading a state, don't mix, they need to be kept separate.

Also don't know who I will vote for, but let see

Anna

The adds about she wasting money on the Dam, I thought that the federal Gov overruled the dams decision to go ahead, so was not Anna's fault, (correct me if im wrong) , Would have made anoughter great fishing spot.

The QLD health pay issue, there is more to the story then what we have heard, I know that it was

part the gov fault as they were pushing the project to go forward, but the guys that did the beta testing passed the program and said it was good to into production.

Other then that, Yes she is selling the QLD assets , and basically there wont be any of them left.

The other clown Newman, I don't know if the stories are correct as they have only surfaced during the election.

To be honest, all Politicians are lairs, and if you find one that will do what he says he will do during the compain, they he will most likely be backstabed by his/her own party.

Vote AFO for leader, at least we will get something we all like.

they're all bloody hopeless and full of rubbish....when was the last time you saw a politician on public trans or eating at maccas or hjs like the rest of us do.

When was the last time you saw them down coles or woolies doing their shoppin......never i'd imagine cause i never have..... we need real people like the general public in power, that way they would be more in touch with what's going on in the community and would know what it needs

These idiots are just interested in lining their pockets not about helping us making it a better state to live in...... daffy duck would prolly do a better job imo!

Just to weigh in on the subject of selling assets. I don't have a problem with it, when the state (like a company) is going broke, you have to sell your assets to stay afloat and keep a good credit rating. No point keeping assets that aren't making money when you need cash.

Katter has some great policies (including recreational only fishing in coastal communities) but as mentioned some other policies are too extreme for me. Also he wants a cruise ship terminal on the Goldy and that will limit fishing/access in the Seaway so that alone is enough to put me off him.

Labor introduced the Moreton Bay Marine park, and we all know how the consultation process went on that one. We told them the areas we fished in and they made them green zones - thanks Peter and Anna! Sorry but I can't forgive or forget that one.

Newman seems like a good businessman - and the state is a business after all. I have no doubt there are 'savings' to be made in the public service, and that comes from first hand observation in one sector alone. LNP have promised more boat ramps, artificial reefs and fishing pontoons, plus dredging for the broadwater so that will seal it for me.

Just my opinion of course...

I agree with all the above.

Just to weigh in on the subject of selling assets. I don't have a problem with it, when the state (like a company) is going broke, you have to sell your assets to stay afloat and keep a good credit rating. No point keeping assets that aren't making money when you need cash.

I am pretty sure they sold off the business that was making money and kept the asset that was costing money. I may be wrong

I have no issues with selling assets that are loosing money, my biggest question is this.

Why would anyone by something that is loosing money, and if they can turn it around to make a profit,

why can the gov not do this, if our gov spends some time and $$ to invest in making these assets profitable, then its going to save jobs, keep more qlders in a job.

Not even nearly as bad as their new one. saying "We know we are going to lose, its just a matter of by how much"

Yep that one cracks me up too. How pathetic can you get.

And the add crying about how Campbell Newman is going to have so much power that it will be like the bad old days of Joe Bjelke Peterson.

Bring it on I say. Back then QLD used to be an economic powerhouse and where things happened. Now QLD is one of the worst economic underachievers despite having a resources boom.

lets see u have :

list of Register of Political Parties - Queensland

Australian Labor Party ,tradition says they are the working class party ,i don't think they are these days.

The Greens ,no way in hell am i voting for them

Family First Party ,no way in hell am i voting for them

LNP , better than labour i guess

Daylight Saving Party,don't think they are running this year

One Nation ,don't think they are running this year

The Australian Party ,no way in hell am i voting for them

there are also the independents :) i reckon they are a yes :)

bad old days of Joe Bjelke Peterson.

yeah, brig it on, brown paper bags, favours for cash in brown paper bags, you are obviously too young to remember what happened back then. I doubt that Newman could possibly be as corrupt as Joh, Hinze, Fitzgerald etc.

Eddie you are pretty one eyed here. how you forget the corruption in the Bettie government. Each government seems to have a few bad eggs

yeah, brig it on, brown paper bags, favours for cash in brown paper bags, you are obviously too young to remember what happened back then. I doubt that Newman could possibly be as corrupt as Joh, Hinze, Fitzgerald etc.

Eddie you are pretty one eyed here. how you forget the corruption in the Bettie government. Each government seems to have a few bad eggs

come on mate, you saying Beattie was as corrupt as Joh? :whistle:

Old enough to remember.

Whats a bit of corruption as long as things get done.

Old Joe wouldn't muck around with the greens either. It would be straight in with the riot police and crush them like worms.

hmmmm i was not saying that Hinze was an angel, however you can not discount, Gordon Nuttal, Terry Mackenroth and Keith De Lacy. Issues with Branch stacking undertaken by MP Mike Kaiser.

There where many occasions in the Bettie Government where there where jobs for the boys when they needed someone to step aside.

And I wonder why Bettie resigned so abruptly??

Dubious arrangements where Jim Elder now heads a lobbying organisation to the state government.

Even Tony Fitzgerald stated that the Bettie Government had taken over the Mantle from the previous national Government.

There is no argument that any government when in power for to long and with a ineffective opposition becomes complacent and corrupt.

They sold the Port of Brisbane, on the basis it was costing $2B per year to run, what they forgot to mention is that it made $2.2B, there is $200 Million no longer coming in, on top of that are the jobs that were cut, including a family member of mine! And after all that... they are still in debt! very short sighted

A democratic right is to vote or not, so how come it is the law to vote over here. How many people don't vote and get fined? More easy revenue raisin? And what is the fine??

The political adverts all just snipe at each other, what's that all about? Are the great Australian people naturally aware of all the parties' policies, or do you have to dig these up?

A democratic right is to vote or not, so how come it is the law to vote over here. How many people don't vote and get fined? More easy revenue raisin? And what is the fine??

The political adverts all just snipe at each other, what's that all about? Are the great Australian people naturally aware of all the parties' policies, or do you have to dig these up?

I actually totally agree with this Kev.

I have never really researched the logic of mandatory vote...

However I personally believe if you dont know or dont care you should not have to. I have heard various opinions why my thoughts are wrong, however I soooooooo often hear hear of people "donkey voting" because they dont care either.

Donkey votes still have the potential to go somewhere. I bet the greens would not get as many (not nearly) let alone all the funny little donkies if people didnt "have" to vote.

Anyway just my two cents.

I just hope on the flip side a few more people (than say in America) do who have to vote decide to look into something they may not have other wise and weigh the pro's and cons.

Angus

Archived