AFO app on iphone not working properly?

taib

Hi Admin,

logged onto AFO today and noticed the changes. Little thing popped up and said "install recent topics app", push this button. Pushed it, installed and looked great however it only loaded half a page. refreshed it, did the same thing. blank screen.

refreshed it a third time and was able to get to the menu screen, and was able to scroll down the "forums" tab and select latest post. The outlay looks awesome, but it froze up while it was trying to load. Reception is very good at my work. The app appeared to have a few ads and then the rest a blank screen. Tried to log on several times during the day but no go.

Its awesome to see fantastic changes with afo, and changes comes small little glitches. Just thought id give you guys a heads up.

Regardless, awesome to see a AFO app for the iphone.

Keep up the awesome work guys

Oh, just to confirm that im using my home comp and works perfectly.

Also, something strange just happened. Just posted this under "Website problems" and it didnt create a thread. Just went blank. Third time lucky. I just changed it to general chat - Computers and tech.

Cheers

Thanks for reporting, however it does work fine for us, although we realised there is always room for improvement. There is possibly a small speed issue which we will try and improve over time. The big update that has occurred with the mobile site is that the forum has now been mobilised. One thing we realise is that if you are not logged in, it doesn't say you need to log-in, it is just a blank screen. That is because you don't have access to those pages.

If you are having issues you can always just view the website as the 'desktop' version on your mobile device.

It doesnt work on my HTC :(

I just get a white screen with adds and not even a desktop bottom option :(

Angus

Likewise... I'm not particularly fond of ads on the phone since it totally defeats the purpose of a bare bones low bandwidth portal.

It works on my HTC, but I have a similar problem to Taib, only half the screen when loaded.

Then i tried to go back to the desktop version and it was fine, but each time I would click on a post, after refreshing it went straight back to the mobile version and I had to keep scrolling to the bottom of the page each time to click on the standard version hyperlink??

Keep up the good work guys looking great.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I get only a partial screen width using the mobile version on my iPhone 3S. But the new format always defaults to mobile version every time I go to a new page. I agree with the ads, I guess it's a balance between revenue and usability. Kudos though for endevouring to improve the mobile version. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Norm

• 2 months later...

Archived