Tuna Social Boats and Deckie Spots

PlasticFantastic

Thought i'd make this a separate thread as its kind of integral to the running of the social because if we cant get some boats sorted and deckie spots offered up it's going to be hard for the landbased guys to tangle with some Tuna.

If you're coming for sure and have spots available please post them up here for all to see.

Also I haven't forgotten about the yakkers, yes you can come along as there's nothing to say you cant pick one up in the yak it just might require some good weather and a lot of paddling depending on the day. If there is a few yakkers keen to get together the best option could be to take the barge to Straddie then paddle to the north of Peel in search of Tuna, only an idea and only recommended if the weather is good and you're confident with open water paddling.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would bring this back up as the event is coming up, I think I have a full boat, team ONTHECHEW, consisting of Plasticfantastic, Angus, Do$tyles and myself just waiting on confirmations. If any spots come up will put it up. Should be a good comp with a lot being caught lately. I just won't be wearing my new AFO shirt as have worn it on two trips for two donuts.

Andrew

Im in fhis one fore sure.

I have Adrian with me for this one. Cant fish more on mine comfortably.

Il be going up to Northern Bay for this one. Little birdie tells the bigger and uneducated tuna up that way lol. I havnt had any luck in southeren bay this year. Never seem to find them.

Weather shouldnt be a problem for this one. Got plan B if blowing its gutts off.

Thought I would bring this back up as the event is coming up, I think I have a full boat, team ONTHECHEW, consisting of Plasticfantastic, Angus, Do$tyles and myself just waiting on confirmations. If any spots come up will put it up. Should be a good comp with a lot being caught lately. I just won't be wearing my new AFO shirt as have worn it on two trips for two donuts.

Andrew

Mate just confirming those trips.

Pumped!

Angus

so far this is what buoyweather is saying for peel island:

"peel island"

Conditions suitable for most marine activities

Caution. Small craft advisory

Hazardous conditions. Use extreme caution NEW

Buoyweather Fishing Tools are now available in this region.

Try it now >>

7 Day Marine Forecast

Model Cycle 2012 MAY 22 00Z Time Zone: GMT + 10 Hours Wednesday 5/23

Morning

Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 0.8 meters at 7 sec.

Winds: ESE 3 to 4 knots

Afternoon

Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 0.9 meters at 7 seconds

Winds: ENE 8 to 10 knots

Thursday 5/24

Morning

Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 1.1 meters at 8 seconds

Winds: ENE 12 to 17 knots

Afternoon

Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 1.3 meters at 7 sec.

Winds: ENE 12 to 17 knots

Friday 5/25

Morning

Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 2 meters at 7 sec.

Winds: NE 17 to 23 knots

Afternoon

Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 2 meters at 8 sec.

Winds: NNE 15 to 21 knots

Saturday 5/26

Morning

Seas: ENE 2 meters at 8 sec.

Winds: WSW 16 to 21 knots

Afternoon

Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: ENE 1.8 meters at 8 seconds

Winds: WSW 13 to 17 knots

Sunday 5/27

Morning

Seas: ENE 1.4 meters at 9 sec.

Winds: SW 9 to 12 knots

Afternoon

Seas: ENE 1.2 meters at 8 sec.

Winds: S 7 to 9 knots

Monday 5/28

Morning

Very windy with large choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: ESE 2.4 meters at 8 sec.

Winds: SSE 24 to 32 knots

Afternoon

Very windy with large choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: SE 2.4 meters at 6 sec.

Winds: SSE 21 to 29 knots

My deckie is taking his boat now too so i might have a spot if cookie doesnt come.

If weather stays way predicted we will get wet lol

Remember nearly every trip where we get wet and its sloppy it usually turns out great :woohoo: :woohoo:

Fingers crossed some drags get smoked

my deckie has jumped ship so a deckie spot is open again with me for sunday

Gee, 25mins and a chance to fish with Mark is still available. If I didn't get along so well with my mate I'd ditch him and snap up a spot to fish with Tugger instead ........... Hoping these winds are OK for Sunday. Haven't been to Peel yet but figure as long as we can get there reasonably dry, we can fish the north side and then doesn't matter if we have to go a bit slower (and wetter) on the way home.

Ill leave this one in the faithful hands of my skipper. If he says its doable... I am there.

As has been pointed out, everytime people bail it turns out sweet.

No bar crossings involved which can be the hairiest so I am all go.

Angus

Ill leave this one in the faithful hands of my skipper. If he says its doable... I am there.

As has been pointed out, everytime people bail it turns out sweet.

No bar crossings involved which can be the hairiest so I am all go.

Angus

weather doesn't look all that bad, the guys in the smaller tinnies will still be able to get around just a little slower that's all. Hopefully the forecast puts a few of the weekend warriors off going out on Sunday giving us a better crack at some fish.

Cheers

Mark

Archived