Snapper Social 3rd of june

tugger

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, we are certainly a crazy lot. Barely set foot outside today (partly because I was doing school reports but also the weather was uninviting) yet I am fired up for tomorrow!!!! Not sleeping overnight like I had earlier suggested I might Tugger, so will see you at the ramp sometime before 5 hopefully. Have a different mate coming so no decky spots available. Have to leave early (prob back at the ramp about 11:30am) to look after the young fella, so will unfortunately miss the social part afterwards.

See some of you at the ramp in the morning. Davo - I'll more than likely fish SW Rocks so say g'day if you pass through that way. 14ft tinny (probably with canopy up ......) and white 30hp Johnno.

Details for tomorrows social

So i'll meet everyone at the ramp at cleveland i'll be there from 0430 till 0530 when i'm off fishing so come and register between those times then we'll meet back at the grand veiw pub at 2pm out in the beer garden. You can park the boats on the street out behind the pub and walk up the hill straight into the beer garden as it worked out good during the tuna social.

Measure the snapper to the fork of the tail and i'll tell you the hand signal for the day when you register. Try to get the best photo you can on a brag mat or bring any legal size snapper back to show the gang.

sorry guys i'm out just had word from a mate who works at the port 64mm of rain at the port overnight. break in weather as i write but more coming hitting cabulture now 4.20 am. good luck to those heading out.

Well I had a 'slight' change of fortunes today after getting lucky last week - donut today and a broken Camo Stik (still not sure how it broke - just went to pick it up and noticed it was broken about 30cm from the tip) to rub it in. Tried SW Rocks in about 8m of water - got a couple of nibbles on a 5 inch plastic but no touches on the bait. Tried near the wreck on the east side then realised the time and headed towards the north west side where I got my tuna last week. Sure enough they were there (about 5 boats around) so hurriedly tried a pillie again while casting but only had about 10mins at them before I had to go which was frustrating.

Hope everyone else did better. Dassa - hope that rim ended up OK from that puncture, didn't look the best but someone should be able to fix it on the cheap. When do you hand it back to Ted?

well we had no luck. we headed out to the rock but it was unfishable so we tried middle reef for zip. crossed the bar and had a go inside for a fair bit of not much else. i think the lads who stayed in the bay may have done a bit better. though i think tugger ended up fishing the rock so he may have pulled a last minute suprise? anyway i have had enuf of this no fish buisness im packin the boat and headin to the port now! time for round two fish :evil:

Thats alright Eddie hopefully they can fish better than they play footy

Mark, do you realise you have a filthy blues supporter on board your boat for the social!!!! :whistle:

Hey Tugger, How'd i go? :whistle: ;)

I reckon i can fish better than the NSW team can play that's for sure!

Thats alright Eddie hopefully they can fish better than they play footy

Mark, do you realise you have a filthy blues supporter on board your boat for the social!!!! :whistle:

Hey Tugger, How'd i go? :whistle: ;)

I reckon i can fish better than the NSW team can play that's for sure!

Is that why he hasn't put the results up yet ..... So we have our winner then? How was the swim back to shore Jarryd? :P

haha your "burley" didn't help mme out at all though. next time have a bigger breakfast so there's enough for the both of us!

nice to meet you mate and all the other blokes that turned up on the day, it was good to finally put a few faces to names.

Archived