Balloons and the environment??

That and the wives/ girlfriends might get suspicious...

"righto honey I'm going fishing for the night, see you in the morning" you say as you grab the 24 pack of flavoured condoms...and rush out the door haha

And come back the next morning walking funny.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some things are legal, some things are not. Littering falls into the latter.

Now, if you don't mind me asking, why are some things legal and other things not? Cause the law makers say they are

God forbid you question those people or their motivations. Kill them Jews soldier!

Question them all you like, lobby to have them change their ways, run for Parliament yourself and make a stance. I dont agree with all the laws made, but am not prepared to make a song and dance about it, so accept and abide by them.

Fishing with balloons is legal because it is not stated that fishing with balloons is not legal. Then again, fishing with baboons is not stated as being illegal, but I bet I would get arrested in Queensland for fishing with baboon..... if you dig deep enough then I am sure tampering with a baboon would be illegal

Not my job to dig. It is your job to enforce. If you don't understand why you are enforcing something, then perhaps the taxpayers need to review the selection process

Not my job to enforce that, and hence I dont need to understand nor dig for it. Selection process seems to have kept several undesirables out so far.

Texting while driving is equivalent to driving immediately after consuming 3 shots of vodka assumption as people tolerate alcohol differently

Failed comparison and flawed logic. You do not disagree that texting while driving is equivalent to driving immediately after consuming 3 shots of vodka; you are arguing that you can text better than the drunk can drive.

Well I glossed over the immediately comment and gave you the benefit of the doubt as driving immediately after consuming 3 shots of vodka would have no effect on a person as the body would not have had time to absorb, nor metabolise the alcohol. Cant see anywhere where I agree with your statement, but believe what you wish.

but you only lose 3 points and get a fine for texting while driving maximum fine is $2200, but for expediency if you pay the ticket its discounted to $300

Extortion for fighting a He said / She said? It couldn't happen... Well your honour, I was wearing a uniform while I watched that person use a handheld device, then I called it in on my handheld radio.... No your honour, I do not see a double standard.

Everyone has the right to plead not guilty and have a case decided by a Magistrate. If you peruse Section 300 TORUMS Road Rules Regs it specifically excludes CB radios for all road users. (us, you, bus drivers, taxis, trucks)

Driving at a level of .05 BAC or above is a minimum 4 month suspension and a $400 fine....No such thing as minimum suspensions or dollar amounts for that offence.

You are probably correct in that there is no minimum offense. I apologize that the officer I contacted on behalf of my son for his persuasive speech project in which he plans to argue that although it has been shown that texting while driving is as (or more) dangerous as drink driving, it is not punished appropriately provided incorrect information.

Not sure what you mean by a minimum offens©e, but if you mean minimum sentence then again I say there is not legislated minimum for this offence.

both are illegal and one has been shown to be the equivalent of the other. Refer to above about peoples tolerance level of alcohol

Refer to your manual. You are not allowed any thought process on this one, regardless of the subject's tolerance; .05 or above = you writing a ticket while .049 or below means you have to send them on their way. What discretion are you given regarding their tolerance?

What manual are you refering to? Tolerance level is refering to how people metabolise alcohol and not my or anyone else tolerance level to the offence. People get p!ssed at different rates and hence have a different tolerance level to others and are affected differently to the same level of alcohol exposure. And no, drink driving is not delat with by way of a ticket.

Welcome to the world where color exists..... and where fact is better than fiction

And where accepting everything without question makes you a stud....

Speaking of tolerance levels...... I am out.

Greg and Gary,

This has been an entertaining side issue in this thread. Thanks for that.

However the attacks here are a little of the personal nature which is what is not allowed.

I'm happy to leave what has been said so far here for educational purposes. However, there can be no more.

Greg has had the last say. Sorry about that Gary.

Geez it's tough when both people are liked by the mod. :pinch: :lol:

Greg and Gary,

This has been an entertaining side issue in this thread. Thanks for that.

However the attacks here are a little of the personal nature which is what is not allowed.

I'm happy to leave what has been said so far here for educational purposes. However, there can be no more.

Greg has had the last say. Sorry about that Gary.

Geez it's tough when both people are liked by the mod. :pinch: :lol:

But Brian, I haven't used up my 1000 words for the day :(

Can I keep talking about edible condoms? I promise I won't suggest anybody eat them (well except turtles) :P

funny how some detractors on this post have not had their posts removed, I would have thought they would be "off topic". Quote from the general warning thread a little while ago:-

"Ok Guys,

Here is a general warning to some particular members of AFO. You will know who you are.

Please refrain from posting dumb/lazy/unresearched/nonsensical/stirring/trolling posts or threads.

That goes for creating a thread or even replying to it.

If you're thinking about creating a thread to ask a question, think about it first, research on AFO first, then post if its genuine.

If you're reading a thread and you see it's just a waste of space LEAVE IT ALONE! Don't add fuel to the fire, don't post other nonsense. Hit the report to mod so we can lock/delete immediately.

We've all had our fun (don't get me wrong, I've been laughing along at some of it) but genuinely, you guys are dragging down the general vibe here on AFO and the last few weeks has even driven me to avoid the site at times. I will gladly e-slap anyone continuing to post any of the listed and will gladly come over and real-slap anyone that I actually know if they continue with this rubbish that they've been filling AFO with."

So on this thread we have a member asking about how to be a bit more environmentally sensitive with his fishing techniques, and this thread has many posts that are, in my opinion, replies that fit this description "Please refrain from posting dumb/lazy/unresearched/nonsensical/stirring/trolling posts or threads" yet as they have been posted by certain moderators and those with similar views, they are not removed.

I love this site, but to me, the above is double standards.

No. You are wrong.

I should have deleted your first contribution to the thread, which was just a straight attack on me (which is an offence that warrants banning) but I was too busy to deal with the inevitable resultant whining similar to what you are doing now.

Thread locked.

Archived