lure expo

just got back, well worth a look plenty of stuff to drool over and some good bargains to be had

you need to take cash as there are no atm or eftpos available

makeshure you check out the rotten "fuglies" these are incredible

+1 those fuglies were awesome. picked up 4 ausspin cod spinnerbaits 1oz for 20 bucks and couldn't go past the nutterjuck's without buying one got the black surface crawler. quite a few of the operators were surprised with the turn out, may be bigger next year see what happens. ezy

was busier than expected, was worth the sat arvo drive, pick up a couple of nutter surface lures, and a few others here and there.

really was looking for blank lures that i could paint up myself, old mate that showed how to make them gave me a couple so ill give them a crack.

grabbed an evolution shirt and a secert tackle jacket $20

lots and lots of pretty lures and collectables, looking forward to boaties market tomorrow though.

bright and early haha.

Dont forget to have a maggot bag at the bakery.

Cheers

Ray

those maggot bags are not half as good as they used to be i wouldnt bother :sick:

I'll second that, had my first and last this morning when I got to town. Average taste, fell to bits as I ate it and I sure didn't like the yuppy excuse for a pie shop.

But I did Pick up lots of lure swag!. Great demo's on making lures as well!

Spewin that I'm missing the expo, hopefully catch the next one :( Post some pics up guys if any! I'm definitely keen to see a pic of the Garra surface lure!

Hopefully this Garra ends up as battle scarred as my current diving one

post-1039-14459883265_thumb.jpg

post-1039-144598832679_thumb.jpg

Nutterjuck Lures took out lure of the year with the cod version of the one below.

post-1039-144598832671_thumb.jpg

post-1039-144598832688_thumb.jpg

Spewing I missed this post been a bit lazy on the forum lately. I actually went to the flea market this morning then.went to the park down the road from the hall to do some measuring up for some new work going on. Then took the missus and kids straight past and down to savages for a picnic lunch . Then drove straight past again on the way out. Didn't see any signs about lure expo (probably blind bet they were there) but saw a church sign and all the cars every where and the missus commented gee that church must finish late. :(:(:(

grabbed a few bumper bars $5 cant complain got there at open time within 1/2hr the place was full to the brim but the artwork on some of those lure blew my mind did anyone else see gene symons from kiss

would love to catch a big cod on that would make a great photo. the artwork was outstanding but i wouldn't be able to bring myself to use em! ha :P

Spewing I missed this post been a bit lazy on the forum lately. I actually went to the flea market this morning then.went to the park down the road from the hall to do some measuring up for some new work going on. Then took the missus and kids straight past and down to savages for a picnic lunch . Then drove straight past again on the way out. Didn't see any signs about lure expo (probably blind bet they were there) but saw a church sign and all the cars every where and the missus commented gee that church must finish late. :(:(:(

don't worry mate signs were very tiny, i would have missed them myself if not for knowing where it was anyway, but yeah no big signage at all.

Went there on Sunday and the crowds weren't too bad. Managed the purchases by only having $50 with me.

Some of those lures were simply too nice to actually use.

Will definitely be going again next year.

Headed home via Mt Glorious. Nice leisurley drive except for the nutter bikies!! Saw 2 near misses due to getting overtaken on blind corners.

• 3 months later...
was it u make em plastics

hey mate thanks for the response, "u make em" i remember he was outside but was mostly plastics blades ect , this bloke was inside along the wall had bulk bags of hooks, rings, clips ect. if anybody has his card or can remember who he is please drop me a line. thanks ezy

Drop Fitzy a PM on his site (Sweetwater) he will know. He did publish am map and list of participants (link below), but I'd PM him! That way he knows it is still generating interest. (Encourage him to run it again next year)

/>http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/LureExpo/exibitors.htm

Archived