Wivenhoe Dam - Hays Landing/Billies Bay memberships now on

bootyinblue

Guys,

If you are a current associate member of the Brisbane Valley Sailing Club or wish to join the club to fish Wivenhoe Dam around the Billies Bay, Hays Landing, Platypus Cliffs area then memberships are now available.

Club members will be out at the dam on Sat 11th and Sat 18th August taking memberships and key swaps for existing members.

Cost has been set again at $50 per year (I had to debate vigourously to keep it at $50 instead of going up) and if you are a new member then there is a $30 key deposit which then just continues to roll over each year untill you return your key.

What do you get for your coin? 365 days access to a gated 100 acres area with picnic tables, long drop toilets and concrete double lane boat ramp. You can go there for the day and not have to worry about getting a parking spot, not worry about every local coming to steal your wheels and trailer rollers. Take the family out for a picnic and during the week I almost ensure you would be the only people there. Room to fly a kite, ride a bike.... do whatever the kids want.

Send me a message if you want an application form and I will email one to you. Keys are not posted out though, so will need to attend on one of those Saturdays or make arrangements to meet me or another club memeber to pick up a key.

Cheers,

Then there is the boating permit $100 first year so all up if you are starting out is $100 + $80 + sip permit to dear for pensioners. Sorry Booty nothing against the sailing club. I use to be a member for 3 years and quite enjoyed the trips over the mountain and the bass I caught.

Dino

Dunno if I would want to cart my boat over the mountain!

I assume no camping on site Booty?

Is it still you only pay the boating permit for trailer boats?, if so and you've got a car topper or a kayak/canoe you dont have to pay the $100. But yep - SIPs will be needed.

Archived