My Tinny and social report

rosstralia46

So About three years ago whilst gate crashing was common and Corey Worthington had his massive eighteenth I made a deal with mum no eighteenth and she bought me a tinny, mum stayed true to her word and I bought a tinny a few months ago a 3.7m tinny with 04 15hp Johnson motor.

post-7093-144598849848_thumb.jpg

I had big plans and with my birthday a few months away had some time to start work stripped everything out to find a fully welded aluminium false floor supports already in place :D . once I stripped it out chucked it off the trailer and started work on that. Gave kurt a call and did me up an unbeatable deal for absolutely everything that was needed on the trailer so me and dad got to work and replaced all the rollers the skids new hubs and wheels, wheel guards and spray galled the trailer. Was looking awesome now just needed a pimpin boat to

match.

post-7093-14459884987_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849877_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849887_thumb.jpg

Had to wait a while to weld up the few more false floor supports needed and the casting deck. Decided to design and cut out all the pieces for the casting deck whilst waiting to buy a welder and do it myself or pay someone to do it. After a bit of discussion with dad and different opinions and options we both came to an agreement and I decided to cut it out. Waited a while before purchasing sofies old mans welder off him then grabbed gas and aluminium wire. Was extremely frustrating task but eventually became more comfortable and got the entire boat welded up. I then decided to buy some more tube and put in 2 hand rails to make grabbing the boat easier as well as being able to mount rod holders.

post-7093-144598849897_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849911_thumb.jpg

Finally I had done this and the boat was getting closer and closer the next step was the painting changed my mind a few times with the paint but eventually went for a blue with a white outline for the outside and a white interior after going to a paint place and bunnigs decided to go to bias and the staff were fantastic and gave me a heap of advice so grabbed some paint and flattener for the inside and was ready to start.

Sof and I sanded back the inside and layed down the primer and after a few coats of white the inside was done and was looking awesome.

post-7093-144598849925_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849935_thumb.jpg

Next step was the outside and with it already being painted before hand this meant stripping off the old paint. Extremely time consuming and frustrating process but eventually got it done I found the quickest way was to put a heavy coat of stripper on then use the pressure cleaner to work my way back stripping it then to hit the rest with a brass angle grinder disk to remove the rest of the paint after a solid day of paint removing and sanding I was ready to paint a coat of etch priming and then the white followed by the blue.

post-7093-144598849942_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849961_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849972_thumb.jpg

Couldn’t have been much happier with the paint job considering it was outside when I painted it in less than ideal conditions and I have never painted before. With the deadline of my birthday fastly approaching I continued working the long nights and spare hours of weekends around state titles and other stuff to get the boat done. I was on the home stretch with the next step being the carpet cut out the pieces for both the casting deck and hatches and the false floor. Painted the ply let it dry then screwed it down. Layed the carpet down and the boat was almost complete and only a few steps off. With only 1 day till dday which was the day before my birthday for a test run and 2 days before blakelsys social. Me and dad worked until 12:30 on wed night doing wiring and fitting everything else out like latches for hatches and riveting in mounting brackets for souders and switchboards. The boat was finally complete with stickers to be put on on Friday. The test run went perfect not a problem and was ready for blaksleys.

post-7093-144598849983_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598849993_thumb.jpg

Chucked the boat in the water with rob (greenmachine) and kurt (madmullet) to go over and nothing I couldn’t believe so kurt came over and after I had tried everything we found out I had busted the fuel connector followed by kurts words “welcome to boating†:evil: so a couple of hour wait for the chandlery store to open and me and sofie were eventually off. The boat was awesome over and even better on the way back loaded up with plenty of stuff and crab pots and the like. Thanks to all who went over to blakeslys and all the new members I met and old ones as well had a great time unfortunately cant make it to the next but will be in for the one after. i recommend everyone to go to one of these they are heaps of fun a great group of mates the food is awesome what more could you ask for :lol::lol: I now look forward to spending plenty of time in the water and hopefully being able to put up a few decky spots if I can kick sofie out :P

picks at blaksleys

post-7093-144598850004_thumb.jpg

post-7093-144598850017_thumb.jpg

the tinny and mad mullet

post-7093-144598850029_thumb.jpg

some crabbin mojo already :woohoo:

thanks for the read guys and for everyone at the social look forward to many in the future

Nice job on the boat Ross - looks fantastic!!!! I need to get off my butt and finish a couple of jobs that I've been putting off. Do you mind if I ask roughly what it costs to paint a tinny inside and out? Particularly the inside of mine could do with it.

Only got to very briefly introduce myself as I left in a hurry so hopefully meet you properly at the next one we can both make. Enjoy the 'new' boat.

Yeah Ross that was me. Bet everyone was nice and thirsty after that!!! Thanks everyone!!!! Yeah that's alot cheaper than I thought it would be. Might look at doing it when I can find the time. Cheers.

Yer mate not to bad at all just like any painting make sure your prep is perfect otherwise your paint job will be ordinary and make sure it's not to humid and you should be right mate good luck when you decide to do it

Archived