2013 Unlucky for some, Lucky for others

ONTHECHEW

Adding on to my 2012 highlights post, please add what your target species, pb upgrades or dream trips etc planned for 2013, then at the end of the year we can come back to this post and see how many actually achieved this.

I will start this one off, personally moving back Brisbane will be my highlight for 2013. It is amazing how much you miss the bay when you have lived so close to it all your life then it is taken away from you. Apart from that my main goal next year is an unselfish one, being away from fishing more than normal this year it has made me realise how much enjoyment I actually get out of putting other people onto their own pb's or first ever catches etc.

There are a lot of guys on this forum that hit me up about getting their first GT or first local waters GT this will be one of my main goals for next year, to help as many of these guys on to their dream fish as possible. Jewy a mate of mine is yet to get one, he will be first on the list, Shane would have to be up there as well as he has bought half of Mark and my gear off me that we have put up for sale :whistle: but will try and offer a lot more decky spots up next year, especially once I move back down in september.

Andrew

Goal for 2013: Have ONTHECHEW put me onto some fish :P

But seriously...

I didn't get my Murray or Mary Cod for 2012 which was one of my goals. This really just came down to lack of effort and a busy work load but I hope to change that early 2012.

Decent GT. I have only cracked a few estuary fish of around 40-50cm. I want something over 70... Do not care if this is bay, river or offshore.

Def at least one Mackay trip to say g'day to the to Mick and Woggie and fish for some barra or sooties.

Somewhere north for my first Jungle Perch.

Aside from that just more fishing...

I have had a few months this year where I cannot say I fished more than once. That is unacceptable. I aim to fish at least once a fortnight (achievable goals) in 2013.

Angus

I'm keen to put some time into sweet water in 2013, it would be awesome to get some Cod and some big bass.

If you want someone to sit around your jewie spots and make sure they don't get plundered just PM me the coords Tristan and I'll do that for you while you are fishing the sweet water. I'll do it cause I'm such a nice guy ........

For me my main goal is just to spend more time learning about Mud and cracking a snapper upgrade - PB at the moment is 43cm so I'd hope I can tick this off. That and my first bay mackerel of any type would be nice.

I'm keen to put some time into sweet water in 2013, it would be awesome to get some Cod and some big bass.

If you want someone to sit around your jewie spots and make sure they don't get plundered just PM me the coords Tristan and I'll do that for you while you are fishing the sweet water. I'll do it cause I'm such a nice guy ........

For me my main goal is just to spend more time learning about Mud and cracking a snapper upgrade - PB at the moment is 43cm so I'd hope I can tick this off. That and my first bay mackerel of any type would be nice.

I will keep you in mind if I need an anti plunderer on call next season :lol:

My everlasting goal has always been to get a legal bream, bass, flathead and jack in one session. I have been lucky enough to get a three of the four but never a jack in the same session.

One thing that I have had on my cards for a few years is to hire the houseboat at Monduran for a few days to a week using it as a mother ship. It is a ten berth and I reckon that with four to five boats plus decky’s it could be a pretty sweet cost effective way to see the lake.

Goal for 2013.

Land a big GT

Wahoo and Spanish Mackerel on stick bait

Land a Marlin on plastic in Brisbane.

Fish bay more.

Get into offshore jigging.

Land all pbs i got this year on plastic.

And Study lol. Probaly wont be fishing as much as i did this year coz i go back full time next year so i can finish my course off.

Shane

Goal for 2013.

Land a big GT

Wahoo and Spanish Mackerel on stick bait

Land a Marlin on plastic in Brisbane.

Fish bay more.

Get into offshore jigging.

Land all pbs i got this year on plastic.

And Study lol. Probaly wont be fishing as much as i did this year coz i go back full time next year so i can finish my course off.

Shane

Would I still e a mate if I said that your going to fail!! :ohmy:

With a sick new plate boat sat on your driveway, and the thought of going offshore on days smaller boats can't get out it's going to take you some serious self control. Best of luck though!!

My goal is to get to the cape, planned trip in August and September , any fish I catch is a bonus.

Oh my second goal is related to my first, learnt to throw a cast net ready for August.

Archived