Boat Insurance - Who uses Who to insure their boat and why?

Bi_polar

Clubmarine. They are pretty good all round. Up to 10k accessories covered. Under $400 a year for coverage, you don't need to list every single attachment on the boat.

I was with Suncorp for all of my insurances for around 10 years. My Minn Kota came off the quick release pad on my way home from fishing on my old boat, rang Suncorp to make a claim and they told me that it wasn't covered as it was and engine used for propulsion and I hadn't taken out coverage on that particular engine. I was then informed that in the fine print that I had to list every single accessory on the boat, whereas when I was taking out the insurance I was told that I didn't need to give this info.

I changed from Suncorp soon after this with my boat, car and home as there premiums had gone up considerably.

- 1 for Suncorp.

Have had 2 houses, 1 contents, car, 2 boats all insured with them and the home and contents premium went up $600 in a year. No one there could explain why and therefore I swapped it all to RACQ. They seem reasonable and fair with thier premiums and easy to deal with.

Be aware when I was with Suncorp and the PDS says you have to have the boat fixed to an immovable object. I asked them a) do I still need to fix it to an immovable object if its under the house roof in an alarmed garage, and B) whats their definition of an immovable object? I had silence on both questions.

With RACQ also... just have to itemise and value each equipment on your policy.

Hope I never have to do a claim, however if their vehicle service is anything to go by it'll be fine. I have coupled it with other policies which adds significant discounts.

Watch club marine as they are shifty as a nervous snake . When my outboard was stolen I rang them with the police report no. And thought all was good . 3 quotes on replacement and wondall rd marine was the cheapest at $3400 . They then told me I would be sent a cheque for $1800 and i needed to pony up the rest ?? . This was on a 10 - 15 hr old motor . I went to their office and blew up . Depriciation was the excuse on a 12 nth old outboard . They had market value prices and wanted to fork out for that only . 3 months later the outboard was replaced with me forking out $200 towards it . They sent the cheque along with 4 others to wondall rd marine with no claim number or details for what work over Christmas that say in their letterbox for a week while they were shut . One cheque was for around $20k that they had no idea who or what it was for . Dropped them as soon as they outboard was fitted and went through someone else

Watch club marine as they are shifty as a nervous snake . When my outboard was stolen I rang them with the police report no. And thought all was good . 3 quotes on replacement and wondall rd marine was the cheapest at $3400 . They then told me I would be sent a cheque for $1800 and i needed to pony up the rest ?? . This was on a 10 - 15 hr old motor . I went to their office and blew up . Depriciation was the excuse on a 12 nth old outboard . They had market value prices and wanted to fork out for that only . 3 months later the outboard was replaced with me forking out $200 towards it . They sent the cheque along with 4 others to wondall rd marine with no claim number or details for what work over Christmas that say in their letterbox for a week while they were shut . One cheque was for around $20k that they had no idea who or what it was for . Dropped them as soon as they outboard was fitted and went through someone else

Who did you end up changing over to.

club marine is no good !!!!!! speaking from experience from 3 differant claims ova the last few years.Got burnt every time,which made me wonder why i waisted my money insuring with them. i got more money from the wreckers then what club marine was offering .which was a new for old replacment in the policy not older than 2 yrs (not older than 5 years is compesation on todays market value). and i had to pay for the evaluation which is not deductable from the claim and you dont get compensated for it. and if you think your electronics is covered even when the policy states it is,.....think again, every time i have tried to make a ledgitamet /honest claim i get sharfted.

and if you go traveling and stay at a van park and your electronics get knocked off your not covered

iam with suncorp now and every thing is covered even if the boat is left at my mates place being a deferant address not the designated address stated on the policy iam covered.

. Suncorp had the best deal for my situation

Who did you end up changing over to.

Archived