Home made anchor retriever

Bi_polar

I have a bit of time last week and have lots of stainless steel lying around and decided to make an anchor retriever.

It's made out of 8mm solid rod and i welded 2 x threaded eyelets onto the end of the hoop that i made.

I hope it works ok.... :whistle: :whistle:

post-1650-144598971093_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598971104_thumb.jpg

Yeah mate, we went out and had a bit of a crack at it.

Had trouble getting livies in the morning then on out first spot we stopped at, i got a small 40cm Bonito on one of our live slimies straight up and sent it straight back down only to get smashed by a big fish which i recon was a big Cobia. Then it got hammered again by a shark and cut in half.

After that Richard got a Snapper and then hooked onto what seemed to be another big Cobia on one of his Lucanis Jigs and i didn't realise it had such such small hooks and i told him to put the brakes on it but it straightened the hooks.

When we got back to the ramp we saw a mate of mine who was a bit further north and he recons he sat on the same spot all day and got smashed by monster Kingies.

I'll be up there next weekend if it's nice.

Oh yeah...and it blew up about 11am and was blowing about 20 knots in the end...needless to say it was a bit of a wet trip home

That should haul it up quick with a drum on the end... I have the same style just bought off the shelf though i need a bigger ball to really float the anchor

Lol remember old mate from gc in the lik tinny. He had one.

You need to get new reef anchor lol.

I dont know how your one holds

Yeah mate, we went out and had a bit of a crack at it.

Had trouble getting livies in the morning then on out first spot we stopped at, i got a small 40cm Bonito on one of our live slimies straight up and sent it straight back down only to get smashed by a big fish which i recon was a big Cobia. Then it got hammered again by a shark and cut in half.

After that Richard got a Snapper and then hooked onto what seemed to be another big Cobia on one of his Lucanis Jigs and i didn't realise it had such such small hooks and i told him to put the brakes on it but it straightened the hooks.

When we got back to the ramp we saw a mate of mine who was a bit further north and he recons he sat on the same spot all day and got smashed by monster Kingies.

I'll be up there next weekend if it's nice.

Oh yeah...and it blew up about 11am and was blowing about 20 knots in the end...needless to say it was a bit of a wet trip home

Did you go out yesterday?

We were out too. It was beautiful in the morning and yea it blew up around 11.

Wasnt too bad for us. Thank god for clears.

My mates in their trophey got soaked though.

We had a good sess yesterday. I didnt bothere with livies. We fished 60-80m mark We bagged out on snaps 8.30 and chased pearlies and reefies till lunch and came back. Current was a pain but i marked some good ground while i was out there. Mates got some cracker pearlies up to 70cm. Bit of tuna flesh on knife jigs.

I got owned by a king yesterday too. He had me over gunnel on 80lb gear.

Shane

Thank stu for the trip out.. It was great chatting throughout the trip. Didnt managed to reply you as I got busy with my stores after i left your house. Although we didnt get any take on our livies. But that run on the suspected cobia gave me a good lesson the the jigs. Might get my hands on the Tyrnos 30 real soon..

Yeah mate, we were out yesterday.

We fished in 80 meters of water all morning and I kept an eye out for you. I got out with Richard aka Lance and had a great morning with him. He's a great guy and it was a fun morning out.

We fished in 80 meters of water all morning and I kept an eye out for you. I got out with Richard aka Lance and had a great morning with him. He's a great guy and it was a fun morning out.

We went north from bar. First trip i didnt go towards boat rock lol. It paid off in the end.

Im going to alot more deep water stuff in winter when the currents are good.

Im starting to like it more n more every trip.

Yeah i know Richard. He should know my boat too.

Thank stu for the trip out.. It was great chatting throughout the trip. Didnt managed to reply you as I got busy with my stores after i left your house. Although we didnt get any take on our livies. But that run on the suspected cobia gave me a good lesson the the jigs. Might get my hands on the Tyrnos 30 real soon..

Jeez, a tyrnos 30 what are you boys chasing ???

Jeez, a tyrnos 30 what are you boys chasing ???

Agreed, no need for a tyrnos 30 unless you are going to fish with heavy mono or fish extremely deep.

A tyrnos 12 is one of my offshore reels and still holds 300m of 50lb braid plus backing. More than enough for anything up to 100m unless the current is completely unfishable.

Archived