Charity BBQ @ 2013 Moreton Bay Classic

Angus

Just throwing it out there,

Is anyone a member of a club, charity, sporting group etc and would like to run a gold coin bbq at the HQ on the Sunday of the MBC let me know. Bare in mind, this is located at the VMR Ray Bay right next to the boat ramp so you would not just be targeting the MBC entrants, but all the other traffic using the ramp.

We have found in the past its tough for organizers (even with volunteer assistance) to keep on top of this when we are collating entries so thought this may offer a great opportunity for the AFO community.

Cheers.

Angus

Can't help this year, sorry. However thought I'd throw the suggestion to donate funds to the VMR whilst there.

Yeah we were going to ask for a gold coin donation to go towards VMR.

It is a great location and we would like to make it the ongoing official base for the MBC.

Angus

I'm willing/happy to do it and donate the funds to the VMR but will require the following assistance:

1. Can someone bring a BBQ? Please reply ASAP so I know whether to grab snags or not.

2. Angus - I will be coming to check in Friday arvo after work. Will hopefully be fishing overnight Sat night at Peel so if I turn up Friday arvo with the soft drinks (will have some of them in one of my eskies but will prob require a 2nd esky - can I offload these to you guys (ie. you take my esky plus all the soft drinks) and get you to bring them on Sunday with ice?).

3. Does $2 for a sausage & bread and $2 for a soft drink (probably Pepsi/Coke, Lemon Squash, Lemonade and Ginger Beer (not many) sound fair?

I'll just put it on record now that if I do it I will be donating the PROFITS (ie. will be deducting the cost of the food & drinks although if there is stuff leftover I won't deduct this amount).

Hopefully we get a good roll up and make a bit of money for the VMR. My number if anyone needs to contact me about bringing a BBQ is 0411619837.

Cheers, Kelvin.

Archived