Best pet in the world. Snakes

Bones11

Yes they are beautiful creatures.

We live near Samford Valley on 5 acres a joining a conservation reserve and our first year here we stopped counting at 50 snakes on the property and many more not on the property. Just last week we rescued another python sitting on the road at night. Bit feisty this one had a couple of goes at us.

Here's some photos I took, you will see the difference between the iphone photo's and the SLR.

Python rescue

We mainly get Keel back's(fresh water) non venomous

post-11868-144598975452_thumb.jpg

Yellow face whip snake mildly venomous

Friendly Python non venomous

Yes they are beautiful creatures.

We live near Samford Valley on 5 acres a joining a conservation reserve and our first year here we stopped counting at 50 snakes on the property and many more not on the property. Just last week we rescued another python sitting on the road at night. Bit feisty this one had a couple of goes at us.

Here's some photos I took, you will see the difference between the iphone photo's and the SLR.

Python rescue

We mainly get Keel back's(fresh water) non venomous

[attachment=65792]h19af430.JPG[/attachment]

Yellow face whip snake mildly venomous

Friendly Python non venomous

Hey mate

I have lived in Smaford all my life and seen nearly every deadly snake there is to see out here.

My dad owns the hardware and produce store out at dayboro and I was there one day helping out and I was out the back outside the shed and and found a 9 foot brown snake, called the local snake man and we tried catching well me and snake catcher my dad bolted off (pussy) well me got it into a pipe and then the snake man tied a bag to one end i picked up the pipe and started to shake it to try and get the snake to fall into the bag and it did but the snake catcher didn't tie the bag to the pipe correctly and the snake found a hole and came out and was looking straight at me from 20cm away and then to decided to escape through me legs into the neighbors property. Lets just say i had to check my pants to see if they needed changing.

hahahahah great day love snakes

Scary story there Bones.

I always soil my pants when I see browns.

I was up at Mt Glorious with the family and went to a board walk lookout and bugger me dead(excuse the pun)there was a death adder curled up on the board walk. Everyone gave it a wide birth but it did not move even when we walked past.

Here's one of the small browns from Vicotoria at Lake Mulwala.

post-11868-144598975506_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice little jungle you have there Bones. They definitely make great low maintenance and fascinating pets.

I have been keeping and breeding Australian pythons for many years and have a large collection that produces a couple of hundred babies per year, so if you are ever after a new edition to your collection (they tend to be addictive) flick me a pm..

Cheers,

Al

Archived