13-8-13 on the Goldies 24's.

Bri The Pom

Had a call from Pete T late on Monday strongly advising due to the fantastic weather report we hit our local offshore grounds early Tuesday morning. I was just about to hook up my tinnie to chase flatties so i was easily redirected.

We met at the ramp and headed out to a lumpy bar crossing and a fairly flat ocean with a wonderfull clear sky and sunrise, at this point we were the only boat out there. The plan was made due to me having to be at the ramp for 10am for work we would hit the 24's. We started a drift floatlinning pillies with light sinkers and we were soon rewarded with a few fish. A few good shows on the sounder and patches of bait put us in a confident mood and the fish kept on coming. At this point we were being selective and throwing just legal ones back, the conditions had flattened nicely and with the drogue we had a good drift going. By 9 am we had 7 fish in the esky and the words (we bagged out) which I don't get to say very often, was proving difficult as the wind had changed direction, but Pete came up with the goods our 8th fish and the right to say we bagged out. Pete had the best fish of 54cm. We both were learning and to see 2 toatally different rigs being used and techniques was great.

A big thanks to Pete for the morning, he was a great skipper and great company, I think a friendship has been formed and I think a few more reports will be produced.

Cheers Pete.

Cheers all.

Archived