PB creek session for quantity!

bersim

The other day I spent a bit of time searching for a very secluded creek and all of my time paid off. Spent the afternoon walking the banks of some very skinny creeks but managed to find some bass in between skinny sections. At one section in the creek I managed about 4 bass off the same snag (new PB :woohoo: ) about 3 bass in 3 casts (new PB :woohoo: ) and a new PB for quantity. Ended up with 15 bass and I must have lost about that amount too :woohoo:

Only good selfie I took :lol:

post-11154-14459901562_thumb.jpg

Almost stood on him :S

post-11154-144599015634_thumb.jpg

post-11154-144599015644_thumb.jpg

post-11154-144599015654_thumb.jpg

I was a bit scared at the start because a horse started galloping straight at me but luckily he was harmless and just wanted my company. He then got extremely annoying as he followed me for half the walk and tried to eat my shirt, pants, hands, backpack etc :lol: Then I looked behind me and a goanna was running straight at me but luckily he ran straight off the path as soon as he saw me! It was a great little session and was surprising to catch bass in shin deep water!

BEWARE: Of the ticks that are around at the moment because I pulled a very large tick from underneath my arm and it is currently very swollen and painful. The swelling is now about as large as the palm of my hand even though it has been off since Friday night. The worst part is that it has stopped me from fishing as I can't put enough pressure on it to cast but it is getting better.

James

Awesome combo rod and reel combo you have there James, I have the exact twin. :)

I must say you bank walkers are keen a bunch with those long skinny sticks around. I don't mind yakking skinny walking or dragging over some heavy spots but land base I spend more time looking at the ground than rather than enjoying the fishing.

Even when we don't get anything it good to report keeps us in the loop.

cheers,

Wayne

Always protect your privates or you will realy know what a tick can do. Matr of mine got one there and it was not pretty. If going creek bashing give yourself a spray first.

Well done on the fishing side of things and make sure you see the snakes before they see you.

Dino

I can vouch for that,when I was in my 20s` I worked out around Emerald for a while, picked up a tick on the middle wicket, and had to seek medical help. Told the Dr. to leave it at the new size, prescribe some antibiotics and pleeeaase take the pain away.. :lol:

Archived