Googleing the Pine River

Ash

Hello,

Just wondering, Im wanting to fish North pine River for Bass. Wheres the best spot to launch? How far is too far down before the bass stop? ive only ever fished the the mouth down that way, but looks nice and bassy in the upper reaches. i dont know the area well, so if giveing directions to launch spots, street names would be awesome!

Cheers in advance,

Ash

Hi Ash

I raised the same topoic awhile ago and this was one of the responses I received

North Pine - Leis park ramp is still shut, but can drag your yak over the mud bank.

There are two other yak ramps further up stream, off the round about on Carmody Crescent (3), good access, short portage along walking track, and in Mungara reserve (2) is a bewdy of a ramp, but its clear across the other side of the AFL oval from the road access, so a long portage.

As well as Stephen Laun park (4) off Bray road, looks good access from the water, but I have not checked the portage through the park.

[attachment=63468]NorthPine.jpg[/attachment]

Photos of the Carmody Crescent ramp

[attachment=63469]P4080354.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=63470]P4080355.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=63471]P5070452.jpg[/attachment]

Mungara reserve ramp

[attachment=63472]P5070462.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=63473]P5070466.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=63474]P5070467.jpg[/attachment]

And that tree line in the distance is the nearest road to the ramp, photo taken from the top of the bank above the ramp (go figure why they would put such a great ramp so far from access)

[attachment=63475]P5070464.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers

James

Un-named because people think it is their own personal spot X.......

You do need to do a bit of dragging to get above the weirs as SEQ water have locked the gates to the road access, but they dont own the water, so its no problems accessing it by going up stream and portaging around the weir walls..

Spot X for the white bucket brigade. Have never seen such rape until you go there on a wkend, straw hats and floats as far as the eye can see.

A polite way of saying it is that it is a very popular spot for families, Most of the good fish have been caught from there but still quite a few left if you put in the time and effort.

A few of the bass there may be from natural recruitment but the vast majority are escapees from the overflow events from NPD.

Currently there are no restricted areas below the dam but that will possibly change when the review of the freshwater regulations is completed.

Probably closed waters upstream of grant st and above and below the weir.few hundred m either way.

Should be released for public consultation soon.

Cheers

Ray

You can catch plenty of bass up and down from the grant street bridge without a yak. Just walking along the banks with a small lure or worms and flick in to likely areas. It always yields good results for us. Never tried eating anything from there myself, but they are fun to catch anyway with minimal gear. Of course you can carry your yak in to there as well, but I would suggest you check it out on foot first.

Archived