My Borumba

Gloomy Samurai

A very big thanks to Lance and all the Wanderer's folk for a fantastic weekend. I really was worried about how it was going to go with the dam closed. However, the general consensus seemed to be that nobody cared, the fund raiser and the social were more important than the fishing. Fantastic!

I packed up on Friday with the intention to get up there and set up camp and have a fish on the Friday to see what was around. I saw Jason Peace with his son Braydon just the other side of Imbil so I pulled up for a chat. We decided to fish the Number 1 crossing that evening. Result was a donut for me and a couple of tiddlers for Jason and Braydon.

Next morning we went down past number 6 crossing and fished in there. We turned up to see bass hitting the surface everywhere and immediately cast top water. Jason got one on his first cast and then things went dead. Very slow for all of us the rest of the session. Got my first bass and was equal first at lunch on Saturday with a 31cm monster.

post-11214-144599032791_thumb.jpg

Working on the theory that the cold water being released from the dam was dropping the water temperature too much, we decided to move downstream and that afternoon put in just north of the town. Unfortunately I missed Braydon's toga as had a bit of a sleep and was a late start. I managed a smaller bass on a sub surface thing just as dusk was falling that I didn't bother photographing. Jason got a 34cm bass on a soft shell cicada just on dark as we got back to the cars.

By this stage it was 3 pretty big sessions for 2 fish and I was feeling a bit demoralised. Anyway, the fantastic feed put on by the Wanderer's crew on Saturday night and a couple of brews cheered me up no end. I spotted a Loomis bait caster and thought I would have a crack at auction. I thought I was in the hunt for a really good deal and then Ted went for the knockout bid at $250. I went to $260 as my last and got it. Really pleased with that.

Next morning launched from the bridge in town. Based on the last couple of days results, I wasn't expecting much. Ten minutes later I heard lots of shouting going on downstream of where I was. Turned out Jason was doing his best with a good toga and had attracted a bit of an audience from the locals. Unfortunately he couldn't get a clean hook up and lost it. Meanwhile I was happily casting around with my new rod, but still no hits. About 8.30 I got a good solid whack off a nothing cast. The trusty purple spinnerbait did the job (sorry ladies, would love to had said it was a Ninja, but wasn't) and in came my 3rd fish for the weekend. Pretty stoked to blood the new rod on a decent fish like this.

post-11214-144599032803_thumb.jpg

post-11214-144599032813_thumb.jpg

Not long after Jason got a Yella off the old rail bridge pylon. The morning was looking up.

By this time we were all buggered and decided to call it a day. We were wondering what the chances of us getting the trifecta (pretty amazing as camped and fished as a group). We were pretty certain that Braydon wouldn't get done for the toga, but not sure about the bass and the yella. Turns out we got there in the end. I think I will stick to camp site number 8 for future trips!

Again, thanks so much to the organisers. The money raised was fantastic and everybody had a great time. Testament to what a couple of blokes can do when they want to make a difference.

Cheers

Andrew

Was a fantastic weekend. Must say the 3.45 mornings had me wrecked by the time I got home Sunday night.

Congrats on a great river bass, well deserved Andrew.

Met some new people and saw the wanderer's in action. The effort of all who helped out & attended made for worthwhile fund raiser.

Will it be come a annual event?

Was a fantastic weekend. Must say the 3.45 mornings had me wrecked by the time I got home Sunday night.

Congrats on a great river bass, well deserved Andrew.

Met some new people and saw the wanderer's in action. The effort of all who helped out & attended made for worthwhile fund raiser.

Will it be come a annual event?

Great to meet you up there mate. I have to talk to the guys but I have plans to make it even better and a lot easier on the wanderers.

Thanks BJ

Was fantastic effort from many as per your post.

I ran into Mark Tugger this morning at the airport. We were both on the same flight to Sydney. Then I get here and find out its mardi gra weekend. Hope Tugger makes it back ok. :lol:

And no, we will not be attending together. :silly:

Look forward to next year.

Thanks BJ

Was fantastic effort from many as per your post.

I ran into Mark Tugger this morning at the airport. We were both on the same flight to Sydney. Then I get here and find out its mardi gra weekend. Hope Tugger makes it back ok. :lol:

And no, we will not be attending together. :silly:

Must..... leave....... this...... one...... alone,.... political....... incorrectness...... is..... not.......... acceptable.....

ah stuff it, - already had dates for the event did we ;)

Archived