Marine reserves save coral reef from Floods

tugger

Thanks for posting Mark.

Sometimes we can become blinkered in our views and only consider the impact directly on our own activities. Information like this can expand our 'big picture' understanding. Of course every person is bias in someway or another However hearing opinions from academics that spend there whole life studing the effects of human & natures impact on the environment was very interesting Rather than purely opinions they deal in black & white facts based on physical data collected.

Thing are not always what they seem. :)

Well said and I agree I like to keep an open view and would like to see the long term effects from these marine parks it is to early still to see if their are benefits yet and I hope they keep up the studies in to the parks. In reality they have only locked up a small percentage as green zones but also kept commercial trawlers etc out of larger areas of yellow zones.

Like I said before the understanding and the science behind these parks will only become clearer a lot further down the track and I hope political parties don't repeal any of it to soon.

Thanks for posting Mark.

Sometimes we can become blinkered in our views and only consider the impact directly on our own activities. Information like this can expand our 'big picture' understanding. Of course every person is bias in someway or another However hearing opinions from academics that spend there whole life studing the effects of human & natures impact on the environment was very interesting Rather than purely opinions they deal in black & white facts based on physical data collected.

Thing are not always what they seem. :)

Archived