Narrowneck tailor last night

Joe K

Thanks Guys!

When Paul was pulled forward while fighting the 56cm tailor I knew it was a good fish. They know how to make the most of a fast running current. Fishing at night I always use bait and last night it was pilchards.

Damien, a few nights past when it was a full moon, a fisho mate was casting slugs 7-8pm and scored some nice tailor on the beach at Sea World.

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Reviving an old thread here but am getting excited as we have just booked to stay at Sea World next Fri & Sat night, which times in nicely for the full moon. Around 6am/6pm low tides, so will hopefully fish at dusk Friday night (worst case go down later and fish the incoming tide), then try a dawn session Saturday morning, then let results dictate the plan Sat arvo/evening and Sunday morning. Going to be a busy weekend ...... 🙂 PB tailor is only 44cm from memory so would LOVE to increase it ......

I've got a good feeling about this mate. I reckon you are gonna crack one over 1m!

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2020 at 9:22 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Reviving an old thread here but am getting excited as we have just booked to stay at Sea World next Fri & Sat night, which times in nicely for the full moon. Around 6am/6pm low tides, so will hopefully fish at dusk Friday night (worst case go down later and fish the incoming tide), then try a dawn session Saturday morning, then let results dictate the plan Sat arvo/evening and Sunday morning. Going to be a busy weekend ...... 🙂 PB tailor is only 44cm from memory so would LOVE to increase it ......

How did you go KM?

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Funny you ask Greg - I have just finished filleting them all now, took me 4 days ....... 🙃  On a serious note, I didn't catch any. The four of us went straight across the road from Sea World and checked the surf out and there was a long gutter with an exit right in front so I chucked a metal slug for about 10 minutes (at about 5:30pm) for no love. Decided not to do morning sessions as they coincided with low tide, I had big days ahead with the boys AND we were staying in a one room motel set up so didn't want to wake everyone. Drove down and checked out the Seaway entrance (realised at this point I'd never been down this way before) and then the beach next to the sand pumping jetty (LONG walk from the carpark tested my sore knee out) and had a 5 minute flick with a slug, again around 5:30pm. Few fishermen there and a small gutter in the corner that had only just started to fill from the incoming tide.

Later Saturday night (about 7:30pm) I drove a few hundred metres south from Sea World Resort and tagged on at the end of a large group of people (figured the numbers would equal more pilchard blood in the water to attract them) but didn't get any hits on the pilchards (which were top quality) and there was a pretty strong sweep to the south. The group beside me had PLENTY of bright headlamps shining into the water so eventually I packed up and went back and tried a little further north right on the high tide. No luck - oh well, I always enjoy my rare chances to wet a line in the surf and the Catana 9ft spin rod I bought for this trip to spin metal lures is really good so just need to get out and use it now 🙂 

Any excuse to buy a new rod is always welcome.

15 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Funny you ask Greg - I have just finished filleting them all now, took me 4 days ....... 🙃  On a serious note, I didn't catch any. The four of us went straight across the road from Sea World and checked the surf out and there was a long gutter with an exit right in front so I chucked a metal slug for about 10 minutes (at about 5:30pm) for no love. Decided not to do morning sessions as they coincided with low tide, I had big days ahead with the boys AND we were staying in a one room motel set up so didn't want to wake everyone. Drove down and checked out the Seaway entrance (realised at this point I'd never been down this way before) and then the beach next to the sand pumping jetty (LONG walk from the carpark tested my sore knee out) and had a 5 minute flick with a slug, again around 5:30pm. Few fishermen there and a small gutter in the corner that had only just started to fill from the incoming tide.

Later Saturday night (about 7:30pm) I drove a few hundred metres south from Sea World Resort and tagged on at the end of a large group of people (figured the numbers would equal more pilchard blood in the water to attract them) but didn't get any hits on the pilchards (which were top quality) and there was a pretty strong sweep to the south. The group beside me had PLENTY of bright headlamps shining into the water so eventually I packed up and went back and tried a little further north right on the high tide. No luck - oh well, I always enjoy my rare chances to wet a line in the surf and the Catana 9ft spin rod I bought for this trip to spin metal lures is really good so just need to get out and use it now 🙂 

Hey kmcrosby78

Sounds like a couple decent sessions you had there, even though you didn't get the most fishing in on the trip.

Good job.

Cheers Hamish 🙂