Proffs

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these forums for a while now and thought its bout time I should get onto em. I'm not a complete beginner but still pretty new to fishing so any help you guys can give me would be killer! :cheer:

Also, I live in Salisbury and am thinking bout joining a fishing club. Any good ones near me?

Thanks, Proffs.

Welcome to the site mate.

Although not an \"official\" fishing club, you will find that through sections of the forum such as \"Fishing Events\" and \"Going Fishing\" we probably organise more events and comps than most clubs out there.

But as the inbias bloke i am, the Brisbane Sports Fishing Club is pretty good. They meet once a month and usually have good guest speakers.

Will we be seeing you at the Brisbane River Classic.

That will be a good place to meet a lot of members.

Angus

Proffs wrote:

Thanks guys!

Angus, I'll definitely check out the \"Goin Fishin\" section!

As for the BRC, I am pretty keen to come have a look actually. Is there much in the way of spectatorship?

Don't think I'm quite ready to enter yet;)

Mate i know several people competing that have never fished full stop! With categories such as Heaviest Catfish and lucky door prizes, everybody is in with a shot. :)

Angus

Welcome mate

The best thing about this site is it doesn't matter how good or experienced you are as long as you are mad keen or open to being corupted you do just fine.

No question is too dumb to ask as there are any number of \"experts\" willing to over the answer, me included.:blush:

So don't be shy about signing up for an event or the comp, fish bite (sometimes) but we don't.;)

Archived