Land Based Goldy, Tweed Area

bulldogs195461

G'day 

I've got some time off, from the family, so heading to the goldy, perhaps Tweed area. I'm from Toowoomba so have no idea where to scope for fishing, I'd like somewhere accessible I can wander around flicking lures, etc. Is the Tweed wall ok for lures, ideally I'd like somewhere I can park easily and wander aimlessly flicking for a couple of hours. Thanks in advance guys. 

Cheers john 

Suggest try walking the bank between the canal on Kennedy Drive and Pacific motorway bridge, flicking the edges of the rocks and weed beds on the flood tide - park at the boat ramp car park just down from the canal mouth. Or blades on the runout tide on the down tide side of Boyds bay bridge - park near the boat hire on the southern side of the bridge.

image.png

7 hours ago, tiotony said:

Suggest try walking the bank between the canal on Kennedy Drive and Pacific motorway bridge

Nice one. I look at that water every time I go over the bridge. It looks stunning and full of flathead and bream. 

Good luck bulldogs. I hope you do well and can send us some pics :)

2 hours ago, Drop Bear said:

Nice one. I look at that water every time I go over the bridge. It looks stunning and full of flathead and bream. 

Good luck bulldogs. I hope you do well and can send us some pics :)

Back in the day used to get a lot of flathead and trevally on the seagrass/ rock edges there, its even better on the opposite side of the river down Drydock road too, but the seagrass edge is really only accessable by boat on that side - shame because there always used to be a lot of fish busting up early morning on that side. 

Was windy there today, walked up from the fish shop on Kennedy drive flicking plastics, walked to a canal area with no luck, went down the canal a little way, got a tiny gt, lol. 

Does look good across the river, but looks impossible to get into land based, rain came in to shorten session, maybe Tommorrow. 

Cheers john

17 hours ago, bulldogs195461 said:

Was windy there today, walked up from the fish shop on Kennedy drive flicking plastics, walked to a canal area with no luck, went down the canal a little way, got a tiny gt, lol. 

Does look good across the river, but looks impossible to get into land based, rain came in to shorten session, maybe Tommorrow. 

Cheers john

I love little Trevs on light gear. They don't know that they are not 80kg :)

On 5/25/2018 at 3:21 PM, bulldogs195461 said:

Cheers john

If you go the other side, you can access the bank in areas from the motorway bridge down to the Navy cadets

22 hours ago, bulldogs195461 said:

Thanks tiotony

I found that area today, very fish able. Got two tiny flatties and two tailor, tailor fight. That was fishing all day, lol

Rough going only four fish for all day - I had similar lack of success when I was down that way this time last year. Heart breakingly tragic how much the Tweed seems to have declined since I was a kid down there in the eighties. 

Archived