ur biggest cattie in brisbane river?

kevinchen19870316

The size of the catties depends mainly on the size of the river as well.. If u look at mekong catties which is one of the largest in the world u will realise that the river system they lived in is so much bigger than our brissy river... with mor abundant food source i believe that they will get bigger.. just my two cents worth !

a friend and my self have pulled one in that was very close to 4ft but no picks so well be hitting the same spot for the classic that may open a few eyes ive had plenty in the high 80s and low 90s but only seen the one monster :) try around the sewage outlets for the monzies its paid off for us and big live bait 30cm plus mullet

I have caught one with my mates in a tinny at the mouth of Oxley creek. We were shark fishing and thats exactly what we though we had. This catty went a little over a meter (the tape we had was 100cm and it went maybe 10cm over). Hard to measure exact as it was pitch black etc, but it was a beast.

Angus

P.S. In hind site maybe it was a cobia :P

Angus wrote:

I have caught one with my mates in a tinny at the mouth of Oxley creek. We were shark fishing and thats exactly what we though we had. This catty went a little over a meter (the tape we had was 100cm and it went maybe 10cm over). Hard to measure exact as it was pitch black etc, but it was a beast.

Angus

P.S. In hind site maybe it was a cobia :P

wahahha.. good one Angus!!! :D:D:D

saltshaker wrote:

afore brisbane i use to live in yeppoon.

i cought one there in a creek that easily went 110...possibly more.i think it was just a stray cattie tho as this river was too small for this to be a resident fish

That would have been a \"Salmon Tail Catty\" we used to catch plenty in Roslyn Bay & up at Cario. They come in from the ocean to Spawn.

Would have been the same ones that \"Beefa\" caught at the Swains.

You can catch pleanty out on the wide grounds aswell.

Laurie

Archived