Fishing Report With Question

bulldogs195461

Took my mate out in a hire boat at Jacobs well yesterday, fished the banks in very windy, coldish conditions, David landed a nice 60cm flatty that went against how we were going on a prawn bait, I was flicking plastics. It was tough going. With an hr to go of our time, I moved up across from the boat hire place, to let David chase some bream(he's got a slight disability) so I decided to use a daiwa double clutch hard body, just to fill time in, as I'd never had luck nor patience to persist with hard bodies, but blow me down with a feather, I started catching flatties like there was no Tommorrow, so my bream spot (I'm very amateur) turned into a gold mine of flatties. Of course this occurred with time up on the hire, my biggest went 59cm,but they were all good sized, a great day. Unusualy only caught one little one earlier in day. Well worth the trip from Toowoomba. Now my question. 

While looking to try and record the days conditions and trawling tide times, I came across soluner for Jacobs well, amazingly it's predictions for hot bites, Minor times, to me was absolutely spot on, almost to the minute. The rating for the day was 2stars out of 4 and said reasonable prospects etc. Just thought I'd ad this, as I stated earlier it was uncannily accurate, interested in others thoughts on these guides, especially for someone who struggles to understand all this. Ps pic doesn't include David's flatty) 

Cheers john 

Screenshot_20180619-071838.png

Some nice fish there mate. well done and thanks for the report.

I don't have much faith in the Solunar stuff. I'd love to be proven wrong but I feel they are like astrology. 

Confirmation bias is strong in fishing but great anglers that use past experience on what works genuinely catch more fish. 

I'd love to learn more

29 minutes ago, bulldogs195461 said:

Thanks drop bear 

I agree with using past experiences, I guess it was just seeing it after the event, and it being spot on I'd gauge some thoughts. 

Cheers mate 

Yep its an interesting question and i will follow this thread with interest 🙂

Nice haul indeed! Congrats 

I have recently started to factor the solunar stuff into my fishing as I am always trying new stuff on top of old stuff. So far can't really comment but going on last Saturday .. it was pretty spot on 😛 donuts at nearly every place except whiting. 

What app are you using by the way? 

Archived