Out There Fishing Charter 18th November 2007

Angus

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was my first charter, and i'm sorry to say after today may be my last. :( after not getting even a bite all day, i feel i need to go for a brissy river expedition to reassert my dominance over the fishes....even if they do be mainly catfish. Catching a catfish is better than catching nothing. :unsure:

by the way...i think i may have been the first and only to puke over the side. Shouldn't have had those drinks on saturday!

whatnow wrote:

im 14 in couple weeks and 50kg and round 1.65m or so but still thats pretty light for 17 year old girl 45kg

Not that light. My mums only 54kg and she's about 5'10\" maybe:dry:.

Males are alot heavier built than females.

Sounds like a bad way to end a a pretty dismal charter:(

Sad to hear

Cowfish13 wrote:

whatnow wrote:
im 14 in couple weeks and 50kg and round 1.65m or so but still thats pretty light for 17 year old girl 45kg

Not that light. My mums only 54kg and she's about 6'10\" maybe:dry:.

Males are alot heavier built than females.

Sounds like a bad way to end a a pretty dismal charter:(

Sad to hear

Does your mum play basketball cause 6'10 thats tall haha

pcsolutionman wrote:

this girl was only about 5'4\" tall and very slightly built she whent flying when the security guard hit her, he then punched me 3 times, I think he hurt his hand more than my jaw, he needs to learn how to punch thats for sure

Lee

karma to ya mate for making a stand

pcsolutionman wrote:

this girl was only about 5'4\" tall and very slightly built she whent flying when the security guard hit her, he then punched me 3 times, I think he hurt his hand more than my jaw, he needs to learn how to punch thats for sure

Lee

Booty where were u with ure batton when u need it most:angry:

back to the charter itself I thought the whole thing was abismal, to starte we get there and there isnt a deckie, we wait around for half an hour but no show. The GPS wasnt working, and he had no idea without it is my guess. he followed other boats and drove around aimlesley searching for reefy bottom, on a couple of occations he put us right over a sandy bottom no structure at all. there wasnt enough water supplied. We saw other boats bringing in fish including a very nice sized dolphin fish well over 1M long. all around I think it was poorly run.

Lee

Bommie wrote:

pcsolutionman wrote:

Lee

thanks mate its sometimes hard to beleive how many people stand around and watch stuff happen

Lee

OK so it was'nt the best day out there.... But we where still out there.

The boat was great. The bbq was ok, The bait was ok, The drinks were very poor (not enough cold water). The skippers attitude was poor. The company was great(as in AFO members).

All in all I enjoyed it, Thanks Booty and Loz for making it happen.;)

Jayson

chubbstar wrote:

:woohoo: OK It's like this \"I'm friggen tired\" So I'm gunna post a couple of pic's and you guys can try to figger things out for yourselfs for a little while. I'm gunna go and relax for a bit then I'll post the report.

THIS HAPPEND AFTER THE CHARTER, IN THE CAR PARK!!:angry: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Fishing_charter_029_AFO.jpg

Not the Prado:( , shit Brian will be fuming, I see things have not changed on the gold coast from the days I used to work down there (People wonder why I hate the place used to be common occurence in Surfers), Unlucky on the fish front guys.

pcsolutionman wrote:

Bommie wrote:
pcsolutionman wrote:

Lee

thanks mate its sometimes hard to beleive how many people stand around and watch stuff happen

Lee

and most security are only tough when they outnumber the oppostion

That's a real shame to see so called 'trained' security guards doing stuff like that. I hope you guys are hitting them up for damages to the car, and even assault on Lee.

Shame the charter didn't go so well either, Definately worth sending them a letter listing everything that needs improvement. Hopefully he'll take the feedback onboard and improve.

I have to agree with pcsolutionman....$%&$#ng disgraceful.

mojo revealed some bananas to start with which we laughed off...it basically went downhill from there. No deckie and no GPS (can you believe that?!?!) made for a tough day for the skipper. At least he still got the coin though:blink:

A few highlights though -

Watching Jeff F get his first fish late in the day - a grinner :laugh: which he proceeded to take his frustration out on. Very funny to watch;

Me getting a double hookup of grinners and actually being happy about it:blink: just to boat something;

Then boating 4 flatties from 15 - 40 cm and then watching a remora having a go at one of them:blink: (1 keeper that I gave to Peppe's son (?));

Having a drive of the boat when the skipper had to do something else;

Wearing a lovely soft sheepskin gimbal belt:dry: :unsure: ;

Only getting tangles with Jeff once ( the least of everyone I think:P )

and last but not least having a few laughs with the guys whilst wetting a line.:)

Would I do it again - Yep, but not with \"Outthere Charters\"

Ok now for my report on the charter

Got there nice and early very impressed with the boat looked great :woohoo: excited.

much fun was had chatting on the pier as always:)

Standing round waiting waiting 6am no saftey briefing (hmm 5.45am was what i heard) ok were going to be off to a late start finally boarded 6.05 with the news that the deckie has done a no show and no replacement could be found :angry:

Still were all fisho's we dont need a deckie for our gear We can rig our own :P

Yeah right what with I counted 4 much to be desired overhead outfits 2 with under or just on 1/2 spools of hell knows line /Leaders were to be made of bright green main line from a spare alvey wait it gets better

We finally get going (skipper only and US)

get to the bait ground and there is only 2 bait rigs availiable :angry:

no breifing to the whole charter so most drop their bottom bashing rigs thinking yehaa lets get em boys and 1 girl :)

after 15 min max not sure on how many livies my guess 8 max :blink:

Off we went to what I think was the 24 fathoms

the saga continues a couple and I say a couple of fish came aboard nothing to write home to Mum about so the skipper decided to go out wider

then he produced the 80w tiagras with what can only be describes as used ebay special skirtted lures :pinch: the hooks could not hurt you and where securely placed by sticking them in the hyperlon rod grips :blink:

then it gets better trolling @ 12 plus knots he expects a hook up

A 8\" skirted lure at that speed behind this and I must impressive boat which creates an incrediable speed and ride and wash for ever there was no way a fish could see it :angry:

next ground was some where out there alright not where the fish were but with the wind and current running the same direction the only option was to anchour but without a deckie he still choose to drift

he did use the sea anchour once

I did feel sorry for the bloke to some extent but when the wind picked up and drifting was not a option he lost me big TIME

I think I can Safetly say he zig zaged slow stop fast then slow he took more directions than my ex wife did with a shopping trolly at a sale to get to no where :angry:

IMO just stalling as he had 22 Fisho's on board and failed and was looking for a way home (Tail between his legs)

he even tried to do drifts past anchoured charter boats :woohoo: thats sad

I bow my head in shame I never felt a bite and lost 2 baits

But I'n not alone

outer there charters your outer there

Hey Guys...I say a bad day fishing is better than a good days work..but you are all correct that was pretty sad. Thank god for great company. Thanks to all who made it possible, even if the charter was poorly run it was still an enjoyable day with plenty of laughs and memories to be had by all (and the odd fat lip) On that topic you will all be pleased to know that I managed to get the Gold Coast Bulletin out and they are running a story in tomorrows paper (so they told me)...I left there feeling very angry that people who are meant to be crowd controllers, lost control and did exactly what they are trying to stop....and to make it worse they were all fairly big guys against a bunch of skinny harmless kids. Anyway I feel that I did my bit to hopefully resolve this or at least to make the dogs from Blue Steel Security look like the mongrels that they are.

Anyway thanks again guys..You all are a bunch of top blokes and I look forward to wetting a line and laughing with you all again soon.

Peace...Bud

First of all, a big thanks to all those involved in researching, booking, money collection and organisation.

As you will have read in previous posts, the charter turned out to be less than impressive, but that can in no way be layed at the feet of any AFO members.

One would think that with a boat and business as big at they run, that they would be a LOT more organised (contingency plans are handy!).

Without GPS, Deckie and water, things were off to a bad start. All I can say is that Mr Outthere was luckly indeed to have a well mannered and knowledgable group who basically looked after themselves. If the boat had been full of newbies, all hell would have broken loose. As it was, and to our credit, we made the best of a bad situation, and concentrated on enjoying each other's company.

Congratulations to those lucky few who boated a fish or too...the species list reads something like this: Snapper/Squire, Pearl Perch, Flathead, Sweep, & Grinners:angry:.

Once again, I found the AFO members to be easy going, helpful and patient (much needed today!)

My major acheivment for the day was dragging a 35.001cm pearl perch through 50m of water with a 16 ounce sinker on a 15kg rod...Kath's major achievement for the day was to keep her breakfast down depite looking very green at times!:unsure:

Outthere should take note of all these posts, if they don't, they won't be in business for much longer. They'll get no reccomendations from me, that's for sure.

Archived