Banking With Interest

Dinodadog

To windy for the boat this morning, so I grabbed some gear and headed to the dam to do some bankside fishing. I took about 20 shrimp with me as a backup.When I arrived I found I had forgot my bait rigs, so had to put a shrimp out under a float.While I was setting up my casting rod the shrimp got attacked, a nice medium size bass,so I baited up again and it was fish on again before I had my casting rod ready, another nice med size bass. I thought to myself this is going to be great, but alass that was it on bait not another hit.

Finally getting my casting rod into action I was pleasantly  surprised to be  right in the action,using 1/2oz spinnerbait I soon passed the bait tally by a mile. I kept trying different lures, blades, spoons and micro jiggs, but the bass were only interested in the spinnerbaits.Managed 2 on bait, a dozen on spinnerbaits and a 50+ yellabelly as well.

I started at 5am and finished at 7am and was home having bacon and eggs at 7.30am ( I coulld not stand up for another minute).I had to get the frozen peas on both knees when I got home.

Dino

P2160001.JPG

P2160002.JPG

P2160003.JPG

P2160004.JPG

P2160005.JPG

P2160006.JPG

P2160008.JPG

P2160009.JPG

P2160010.JPG

P2160011.JPG

P2160012.JPG

2 hours ago, Luc53 said:

Gotta love those south easterlies 😒

Had a drive round the dam around 10 this morning, looked ok with a bit of wind protection in places.

Whished I'd taken a rod and some lures!! 

Still nice to get out of the house after a bout of flu.

passed forgans at 4.45am plenty of empty car parks,

Archived