Thank You For The Welcome

Wad

Used to love fishing as a young bloke, up around Mackay. Fished creeks and "outside" around the Islands off Mackay. Spent the past 40 odd years working my butt off. Health is not real good and I am having to slow right up. Getting back into fishing the past couple of years after being away from it the 40 odd years. Been using lures in the creeks around Logan down through to about Brunswick Heads. Looking at getting back into some bait fishing as well. Always enjoyed having a chat with fishermen/women, and look forward to meeting some of you folks and learning from you. (Thank you to Brad - "StraddieBrad" I think you said was your name on here, for highlighting your group, and encouraging me to ask to join.) Cheers, Randell. 🙂

16 hours ago, Wad said:

Used to love fishing as a young bloke, up around Mackay. Fished creeks and "outside" around the Islands off Mackay. Spent the past 40 odd years working my butt off. Health is not real good and I am having to slow right up. Getting back into fishing the past couple of years after being away from it the 40 odd years. Been using lures in the creeks around Logan down through to about Brunswick Heads. Looking at getting back into some bait fishing as well. Always enjoyed having a chat with fishermen/women, and look forward to meeting some of you folks and learning from you. (Thank you to Brad - "StraddieBrad" I think you said was your name on here, for highlighting your group, and encouraging me to ask to join.) Cheers, Randell. 🙂

yes mate it was hope you got onto the mullet you were looking for how did you go on the spot i sent you too,look forward in seeing the results.brad

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2019 at 5:28 AM, Drop Bear said:

Welcome to AFO mate. Do you have any old photos of fish? I like fish...  🙂

You should get an aquarium...

welcome to the site @Wad. Plenty of good land based spots between Logan and northern NSW.  I take @ellicat fishing a lot so finding places with short, easy walks is of paramount concern - happy to throw up a few suggestions if you'd like.  Coming into winter is is a good time to target tailor and trevally on metal lures off any of the breakwalls or rocky headlands along the Gold Coast and northern NSW.

On 02/03/2019 at 8:21 AM, straddiebrad said:

yes mate it was hope you got onto the mullet you were looking for how did you go on the spot i sent you too,look forward in seeing the results.brad

Evening Brad,

I went down but met some folks near there and it was dark by the time I had a chance to explore. I hope to get back down there in the next week or so. Cheers Randell. 🙂

On 12/03/2019 at 6:08 PM, Wad said:

Not real sure if I am replying appropriately - may have to get one of my kids to check my replies approach. Cheers Randell. 🙂

No mate you are a natural. How are you going to get away with exaggerating the size of all your fish if the kids are around... :whistle:or is that just me?

fish bass GIF

Archived